• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Android

Jack9

Feb 9, 2012
I just got an Optimus T prepaid phone a few days ago and have been enjoying the few apps I've tried so far, but after reading a few forum threads about it, am a little worried I won't have enough memory for all the apps I'll want. I also wish the screen/keyboard was a little larger, but it seems like a decent phone for the price. Also a lot of people have complained about LG's lack of support for it, especially with no Gingerbread.

I've enjoyed surfing the apps market, but it's a huge time waster! :) For any one type of app, there are many different apps offered for it. Too many actually. It's overwhelming. And for one certain type of app, it's hard deciding which one to try, since the review rating might be good (ie. 4+), yet there might be several recent bad reviews in a row, many saying it flat doesn't work, or doesn't work half the time. Seems like some even bricked their phones. It's too bad that there wasn't a system in place to test the functionality of the app to make sure it works well enough. I also don't quite understand why some apps need to access your user data(?). A couple reviews I read say they didn't install because the app required that.
I was pretty excited when I managed to get GrooveIP working (somehow) on the first day though. :cool:

Welcome to Android Forums. It's true, all apps are not created equal. We do have an area where we discuss apps. It's sometimes good to check on an app there prior to an install. I respect the opinion of the users here. Here is a link to that app discussion area: Android Applications - Android Forums
I hope this will help you decide which app you really want to install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones