New to androids and confused already (I think) :)

Last Updated:

1. mema2.1

mema2.1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all! I've been reading threads for awhile now hoping I could get an answer to my question but I'm not seeing it.

I know this is not the place to ask questions and to introduce ourselves so by way of introduction - I am NEW to androids in general. I just purchased one second hand HTC Eris (yikes) that is rooted and has kaosfroyo 37 on it. Until I found this forum I had no idea what that even meant :)

Got it in my anxious little hands and played with it a bit. Wasn't sure I liked what was there so I flashed the older original ROM back onto it and after about 10 minutes decided I liked that even less :)

I'm not a novice but I definitely don't know a lot of the terminology and I'm afraid I will end up with a nice "brick" that I've read a bit about :) I'm also a little hesitant because even though I'm not thrilled with what I'm running now I have things set up pretty much how I'd like them so I don't want to ruin that and not be able to get it back that way fairly quick.

I've been looking for a new ROM that will support the things I do most which I'm not finding in any of the threads :) Texting, picture and video messages, camera that doesn't freeze or get garbled would be a nice bonus - just little things.

I'm comfortable enough to be able to follow directions and move forward on my own but not so comfortable that I feel like I can do that without some wise advice of where to look for that information to base a choice on:) I do like that if I don't like it I can undo it, that's an awesome reason to ROOT :)

If any of you know of a thread I can look into I'd be most appreciative and extremely happy, too:)

Glad this forum in here and I'll be around quite a bit I'm sure!
    Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

NIce to meet you, too! Glad you signed up! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about how to get around this place! :D

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums!!