New to captivate - turns off intermittantlySupport

Last Updated:

1. luke stepp

luke stepp Member This Topic's Starter

My captivate turns off after a period of non use during the day. Is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Please define "turns off."

There are various periods of "non-use" after which the phone goes to sleep. You can select your choice at Settings > Sound and display > Screen timeout.

Then there are random shutdowns that do not fall into the sleep category, but rather are of the coma variety. Phone actually turns off completely and needs to be turned on.

Clarification?

3. freq019

freq019 New Member

mine turns off and when I tap the power button which normally wakes it up nothing happens. I then press the power the power button again and the phone boots up.

4. fireraider61

fireraider61 New Member

Take it back immediately. There is no fix for this. It seems to be a hardware issue.
    If its been over a month since you bought it ATT support will try to send you a new battery to fix the problem, tell them you swapped batteries with a friend and it still happened.
    I battled it more over a month and even thought maybe the leaked 2.2 FROYO update might cure it. No such luck.
    Don't give yourself a headache, get rid of the phone. Either swap for another Captivate or go with something else.

5. luke stepp

luke stepp Member This Topic's Starter

will take it back and try to swap. Also not happy with the voice quality of calls, so maybe a new phone will fix if ATT will swap - has been less than 30 days.

Thanks