New to Droid 2...hello!!!

Last Updated:

1. Ellie914

Ellie914 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to say hello! I just got my Droid 2 today! I come from an Eris and finally had enough, complained enough to verizon and here I am!! :D

I'm liking it so far!! LOTS faster!

I'm wondering about a couple things though. Is there a way to get email notifications right on the home page? The eris would get the little number next to email and this one does but only inside the messaging box. Also I'm not overly fond of the little txt bubbles inside the text section. Is there a way to just have straight lines like the Eris had? It's not life or death am I'm sure I will get used to it. Just the email thing is weird and it's annoying to have to open 2 things to find emails.

Thanks!!! Happy to be here!!

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Welcome to DROID 2!!!

You could use LauncherPro for the email count but it would have to be on you dock.
    As far as text bubble, you could also install HandcentSMS and choose android style conversation.
    Lol I love the bubble conversations! Ah well.

3. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

Seems I am in the same boat ;)
    I upgraded from the Eris a little over a week ago.. Loving this phone and the Android platform so much more with the Droid 2! Can't believe the difference between phones. :D

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I still miss the size of the Eris.... but that's about it:D

Ellie, you say email in your post, but I'm pretty sure you're reffering to text messages.
    Go with Handcent. Yo can customize it to look pretty much any way you want.

5. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Welcome! You guys should look into rooting when you feel comfortable. It has its perks.:D