New to Droid and only one problem...

Last Updated:

1. amycelona

amycelona New Member This Topic's Starter

Productivity has hit the skids, I have tried to only allow one hour a day to play with it :D !

I am not new to Smartphones (I've had a Samsung Omnia, BB Storm, iPhone) and the last time I was *this* stinkin' happy with a Smartphone was my Palm 650 several years ago.

I only purchased it with the understanding that I could synch it with Outlook and Companionlink has already failed me. While I believe that my issue is unique, after waiting 2 days with no response from the one guy I was emailing, (I called and rude service person told me he didn't email me because he didn't have an answer yet) I've quit them. I worked in customer service for years and that is NO way to treat a customer--at least let me know you are still working on it!

This morning I have purchased 'The Missing Synch' for Android and so far am happy with it.

Now I have to figure out how to synch my Outlook Calendar-- so, I am off to search what app I need to do this.

Thanks for reading

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

I use "Google Calendar Sync" on my work PC to sync my work calendar with Google and vice versa. The only drawback is that it will only sync at specified intervals (I set mine at 60 minutes).

3. amycelona

amycelona New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you, I ended up find that and am wondering if I can do something to make the 'categories' from Outlook come through. It appears that the 'category' field doesn't map.

Also, the default view for 'day' and 'week' (on the phone calendar starts) at 4:00 am. There doesn't seem to be a setting to alter that to 8am.

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

5. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: