New to Droid, couple questions

Last Updated:

1. Subie Love

Subie Love Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I just got the Android a few days ago and I cant figure out a couple things. How do I send a text message to more than one person? Also, can you turn the camera sound off when you take a picture? These both seem like basic functions that the phone should do, I just cant find the right settings. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

Well, whenever you pick a contact, the system will add a comma and space after the contact's name in the "send to" field, just star typing the other person's name;) and so on

and for the camara, well im not sure. so ill let some one else answer that:D

3. Subie Love

ahh yes lol i dont know why i didnt notice that before. well thats an easy solution. i have another question now though. when i start typing who i want to send the message to, a list of contacts comes up but they are not all in there. for instance, i start typing matt, but my friend matt doesnt come up, is it because i already have a conversation going on with him? My other 2 friends named matt come up, but not the one that i already have a conversation with.

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

You should be able to set up group contacts for sending multiple messages too. If your stock app will not do it, try handcent. I have a group that I foward jokes to, it has 11 people in it and I need only click one button.

By the way, which Android phone do you have?

5. Subie Love

hey thanks! my phone is just called the android by motorola. it has a big touch screen and slides up to have a keyboard.

6. Subie Love

Oh and I just figured out why my friend Matt wasnt coming up in the list of contacts to text. I had his number set to "home" rather than "mobile".

7. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

You have the "Droid" by Motorola. It's an Android phone. I have an HTC Hero, it's also an Android phone. Android refers to the OS (operating system) that runs the phone.

8. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you can turn the camera shutter sound off on stock Android, but I know if you root, many roms take the sound out completely....

9. n813ca

n813ca Well-Known Member

if you turn the sound off on the phone the camera won't make noise.