New to Droid email advice

Last Updated:

1. Dcbois

Dcbois Member This Topic's Starter

I am leaving my trusty BlackBerry for the EVO. As we all know, BB is great for email with the push etc. I have a small business, and a business email acct which was pushed right to my BB. How can I get the same, or similar service with the EVO? I don't have a MS Exchange or anything.

I appreciate your suggestions..

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

1. you need a gmail acct for the phone to be activated (and used properly). So, you could either forward all your email to the gmail account, or...

2. Use ActiveSync

I was a Blackberry user for a few years, I haven't ONCE missed it. In fact, every time my room mate asks me to help him with his Tour 9630 I feel like I'm holding an ancient device.

Dcbois likes this.
  3. Dcbois

Thanks for the suggestions. Which did you go with Gmail, or exchange? It just seems the whole forwarding thing could cause problems with lost messages etc. Maybe I'm wrong as I have never done it that way.

4. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

I have never had any problems with forwarding. I have 3 different email accounts forwarded to my main Gmail account. I also have it set up so that when I respond to an email it responds with the address the email was sent to. It really makes everything very convenient.

Dcbois likes this.
  5. androidized

androidized Active Member

Go for Gmail, i have several e-mail accounts and i forward them all to the gmail address, i receive huge spam every day but gmail is handling it very very well.

Dcbois likes this.
  6. Dcbois

Thanks everyone. I played around with Gmail last night and set up an account, and experimented with the forwarding etc. It's much nicer than I thought it would be. Gmail has got it down to a science. I look forward to my EVO's arrival today and will go the Gmail forwarding route.