New to Droid.. Question...

Last Updated:

1. Lorilee

Lorilee Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid come tomorrow. I have not the slightest idea to use it. But my question is, Can you listen to the Droid in the car like the iPod??? Is there a certain way to make it work or an adapter to buy??? I am very electronic illiterate! Thanks everyone!!!

Advertisement
  2. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

If your car is sorta new and supports AUX you could just buy an AUX cable
    http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11730506/Audio_Extension_Cable.jpg

and plug it into your droid and your car and you are set!:D

3. derek533

derek533 Well-Known Member

What kind of car (it does make a difference on what advice we give you)?

4. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

Yea you have a few options, 3.5 mm headphone jack (if your car has a aux port this will be the easiest) it is also the same jack that the ipods and iphone use. Another way is bluetooth and a great item to buy for that is the motorola motoroker t501/t505 bluetooth fm trainsmitter, which sends you phones audio through the air as a regular fm signal that can be picked up on any fm radio and is very clear and just sounds great. You can also take and receive calls using it as it has visor clip so it just hangs over you in your car and plays the caller through the speakers and ever spells out the incoming calls number in a cool british voice. It does its own seeking to find the clearest fm signal so you don't have to guess around. Sorry to sound like a infomercial but I really do love this thing. It retails for 120 which I would pay, but you can get it on ebay for around 50 to 60, check that out everybody that wants to play music with your droid or any bluetooth device because it will work with any fm radio and it sends a very strong signal like a small radio station that broadcasts around 45 feet. Only down side is if a car beside you on the road just so happens to scan and hit your station they can hear everything including the people you call and call you, however they can't hear you because it doesn't need to send that out through fm. Hope this helps...