New to Droid.

Last Updated:

1. Sirithe

Sirithe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I just hopped on the Droid. I was just curious as to how hard it was to root this device, and is it extremely worth it? I had the Sprint Hero, rooted and had 2.1 months earlier than it was officially availiable. Just wondering if its the same scenario with the Droid, or if I shouldn't bother.

Also, I'm assuming it is, but just to make sure, is nandroid availiable for the Droid?

Advertisement
  2. mjon13

mjon13 New Member

My first post. I am new to Droid as well. I've had it for 3 days now and it is rooted and running at 1.1ghz. It was too easy and definitely worth it.

3. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

The DROID is very easy to Root as far as phones go, it is also nearly unbrickable thanks to RSDlite and leaked .sbf files.

Is it worth it? Sure is if you are a root kinda person, we have one of the most active and talented phone Development communties. Tons of ROMS, even more themes and just straight up nice people. This is a good phone to root my friend

4. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

Look at bugless beast v.4 or kangerade ROMs. ChevyNo1 and P3 are good kernels.

5. Sirithe

Sirithe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna read up more on the rooting process and the roms and do it all tonight.