New to droid

Last Updated:

1. racheliz223

racheliz223 Member This Topic's Starter

I just switched to droid from iPhone... I'm looking for a Montana Solitaire app...
    Also, what is the best facebook app? For some reason, I don't get notifications!

Advertisement
  2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

The 'stock' facebook app has some notification configuration you can tweak. Start the app, touch the menu button and then tap on settings.

Otherwise, if FB is configured to send you email notifications, set up the email account on your phone. I have mine using my gmail account, and will get emails pretty reliably on FB events.

3. FrayAdjacent

oops... doubletap!

4. FrayAdjacent

Oh, and one tip, if you ever liked to upload mobile photos to facebook from your iPhone, you can't do it through the FB app on the Droid. You have to open the Gallery application, then select the photo, and under Share, you will get the option to share it on FB. Took me a little while to figure this out, it was one of the features I liked about the FB app on my iPhone.

5. racheliz223

racheliz223 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you so much! My settings said I should get notifications but I've only been getting notifications for messages and event invites. I may try to use gmail, like you said, and see if notifications come throuigh! Thanks for your help!

6. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I use Bloo instead of the native FB app, the notifications work much better. You do have to give Bloo permission, read the web site for instructions...it's a minor PITA to set up the first time but then works quite nicely after.