New to Drois Eris form Storm 2General

Last Updated:

1. robisc

robisc Member This Topic's Starter

First of all nice forums here, I am a newbie to Android and look forward to posting here. To start with, I bought the BB Storm 2 the day it launched, and while I have to say it was a nice phone WHEN it worked correctly I got tired of having to remove the battery when the buttons didn't work correctly and the wifi never worked even after multiple calls to Verizon, also the signal was almost nonexistent in certain places in my house, even when my old BB Pearl always got a good signal. Update to now, this past Friday I exchanged the Storm 2 for the Droid Eris and have to say WOW, this little phone is great, and has some cool features for sure, I look forward to learning about everything it will do. Not to go with all negatives because the positives are too many to list but just to mention some of the drawbacks that I see or problems I am having, most of which are the same ones every one is having, 1. Battery life, I see that you must have a charger with you at all times. 2. Speaking of battery life, I hate that HTC didn't use a standard mini-USB charger connection, now I have to buy extra chargers for the car, and office. 3. No camera flash, this just shouldn't be without one on a phone made in late 2009. 4. HTC sync won't work on Windows 7, I have tried it on 2 of my machines, and have tried all the hacks/driver updates posted elsewhere and still can't get it to work. 5. This is a small issue but one I'm not yet used to, I have multiple email accounts yet only one icon, so I have to go up top of the email screen and change it to what account I want to use at that time, whereas on the BB, there was a labeled mail icon for all my mail accounts. 6. This one is strange and I'm sure there is a setting somewhere though I just haven't looked too hard for it, but the widget on the home screen that has the digital clock and the weather under it, shows the wrong time sometimes, depending on where I am it seems, all the time I have been in the same timezone which is Central, it seems to go to Eastern time sometimes, while the clock in the very top of the menu shows the correct time all the time, now this one is driving me crazy, anyone know why this is?

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

it does use the mini usb it just looks different.
    use doubletwist.com, i have it on my 64bit win7 machine.

3. robisc

robisc Member This Topic's Starter

You learn something new every day I guess, thanks. But wonder why the connector is shaped different? As for the HTC sync issue, I have also loaded it on an XP machine and it doesn't recognize the phone either??

4. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i have no use for the htc sync software.
    u can drag and drop thing on your phone and it recognizes where it should go.
    like music and videos. i use "explorer" to browse my files.
    that double twist program works like itunes so its said.

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The Eris uses an HTC style mini USB connector that will also take regular mini USB connectors.