New to Epic - no stable 2.2 roms, right?

Last Updated:

1. chuhsi

chuhsi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Epic this afternoon. Was on a Rooted Hero before running CM6 with Froyo

I'm going to root again to get rid of bloatware and run a few root-specific apps like wireless weather. OC would be nice. I use the phone for work so the phone can't have glaring issues.

Based on what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be much ROM support for the Epic.

Are there any stable non-beta Froyo roms?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ACEinthehole

ACEinthehole Well-Known Member

Ask Kelmar. I tried out baked sna,k undisputed and it was nice, however based on 2.1.

3. swanysto

swanysto Well-Known Member

viperROM was pretty stable for me. I didn't have any forced closes or anything, and I didn't really see any lag.

4. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

My dad is moving to sprint, i was pondering trying to talk him into getting an Epic and trading my rooted Evo. But threads like this make me wanna keep my phone with Myns warm twopointtwo.....hmmm...

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Lol! All of the 2.2 ROMs are based off of leaks art this point for the Epic. They, for the most part are pretty darn stable but not there 100% yet. If you decide to flash one, make sure it's a DK17 based ROM. The latest test build is DK26 IIRC, but no one has gotten their hands on a leak yet.