New to Everything.....HELP!!!

Last Updated:

1. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New to the site. My situation is:

I've been with US Cellular for a long time (7 years?). It's been a great service. I've had a Moto KRZR for about the past 4-5 years, but now want to get up to date with the times and get my first smartphone. My contract is up with US Cellular, so I'll be switching companies. Any input on companies/phones will be greatly appreciated since all I know about these things is what I read online.

I'm leaning towards going with Verizon Wireless for my company. As far as my next phone, the options I'm considering are the Droid, the Eris, the Storm2, or wait for some "must have" phone that might come out around Xmas time.

The past week or so, I've strictly been comparing the Droid to the Eris, since as of right now that's what it's coming down to in my mind. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, since again I'm pretty new to all of this. Thanks and glad to be here!

Rickey B

Advertisement
  2. JoeCoolTM

JoeCoolTM Member

howdy :)

i just switched from att with the iphone to the cliq on tmobile
    the cliq is a little more laggy but it also JUST came out and is still 1.5, the rep said within the next 60 days they should have 1.6 and 2.0 out so hopefully itll help, im brand new to droid and so far am loving.

if you use accounts like twitter facebook myspace or all three then id def reccommened checking out the cliq :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! :D

I would recommend as of now a droid as It's new, fast , it's got a big screen and has Android 2.0 along with Google Nav. :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome to the forums! :)