• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to flashing

Hi jcooper8. Welcome to Android Forums. It's great to have you as a new member. Here is a link to the F3 area. Make certain that F3 is the same as your F3Q. Once you get there, scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will find an All Things Root link. That is the area where you will want to check out for roms. Have fun.. good luck and here is that link: LG Optimus F3 - Android Forums

Upvote 0
I've already rooted my T-Mobile LG Optimus F3Q, now I'm trying to flash it just to get rid of the tmobile bloatware. Hopefully I can figure out how to do that in these forms.

Hi there. Welcome to the Phandroid community. Great to have you here. This is a great forum for just that. Hope you decide to stick around the forums.

Upvote 0
I have an F3 (not Q) and they are definitely not the same phones. It's best to assume the firmware will be different so you wouldn't want to attempt flashing anything meant for the F3 lest you brick your phone.
Unfortunately as already mentioned, at this time there is no specific support forum for your particular phone. Hopefully there will be one in the not too distant future, you can always go to the Suggestions forum and request one-
Suggestion Box & Feedback - Android Forums
If you do, be sure to point out that the F3 and F3Q are different and that is why a separate forum is needed.
In the meantime since you've already been able to root the phone you can install Titanium Backup which will allow you to freeze any system apps you don't need or want (freezing is safer than outright removal, especially until you know which apps can be safely deleted) that can't already be disabled through the app manager.
Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones