New to forum and Android!General

Last Updated:

1. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks, new user to the forum here, im eagerly awaiting the arrival of my HTC Desire HD being delivered, this is my 1st real smartphone and although ive read up a little about android etc i would appreciate any help from the experts as to where to start for info on, apps, games, do and dont sort of thing when using my new toy! Cheers in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member

A couple of must have apps to start you off.

Watchdog -keeps control of your CPU usage and tells you when an app or recess needs to be killed.

3G watchdog - vital if you have a data plan, tells you how much data you have used.

Drop box - phone to PC file syncer

Angry birds - you don't need it...but its damn fun!

And as for tips the first thing I'd do is turn on USB debugging in the settings menus, stops some lag and increases battery life. Yes, this is a bug, but it shouldn't be ignored.

If you have ANY questions don't hesitate to ask me. Maybe it will jog my memory for a few more bits of information I've forgotten to give you.

Welcome o Android, and the forums.

Warren

3. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the heads up and tips mate, much appreciated the app for the dats usage is a MUST i admit as i really dont want stung with a huge bill if i go over my data and i fully agree angry birds is a must although i think im going to lose my life to it just so damn addictive! Any troubles or queries i have ill be sure to ask, ill get right on and install the apps you suggested, thanks again!