New to Forum - G-1 ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dawg

Dawg New Member This Topic's Starter

Gave husband my G-1 when he had problems with his Razr. We both loved the phone; however tech support is sending him a new one due to a problem that came up when I transferred service out of my name to his with T-Mobile.
    On incoming calls to the G-1:
    (1.) Numerical dial pad comes up
    (2.) Tones start beeping (like a kid trying to jam his/her sibling's conversation with a friend:cool:)
    (3.) In the blank bar where the telephone number is normally typed, a sequence of 2222222222222222222 starts and continues.

I had to let him use a spare Nokia 3711 to call out on and use the G-1 as a pager between mess-ups. Need to know what could be causing this because even thought the phone is being replaced, I would like to keep the phone if it's a known technical issue that can be resolved. Tried cold booting by removing the battery and also resetting the phone twice and logging back into his G-Mail to restore his contacts. I don't like to gamble, but do you think this could be an issue with his SIM card and if so, when he gets his new phone do you think it would be worth trying to save the old one to keep for personal use like before - before I return it for recycling?
    If anyone has the fix for this issue, please let me know because I can get another T-Mobile SIM without any problems. Thanks for your time.

Lee:)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums! I'm going to move your post over to the G-1 forum. Hopefully someone there should be able to assist you with your questions.