New to forumSupport

Last Updated:

1. epic4ggalaxy

epic4ggalaxy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys im new to the forum and didnt know where to post this so i figured this would be the best place.

I currently own a Samsung Epic 4 g Galxzy phone from sprint and i downloaded an app last night that was to customize my texting, well i didnt like it and i un-installed it. I dont remember the name of the app however it made some changes to my touchscreen keyboard like remove my swype and changed the the original look of the touchscreen keyboad. How do i get my swype back and how do i get the old look of the texting back?

Thanks i appreciate the help

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

Open your STOCK MESSAGING app and press and HOLD on a text input box. When the popup says "input method" change it to Swype!

Moving to Epic: Support/Troubleshooting forum for you :)

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums.

I've moved your question out of the Lounge, which is a general chat area, to the Epic 4G Support forums for you.

Most often an uninstalled app will leave remnants until the device is rebooted; just shut it down and wait a minute or so and then power it back up.

If you still see the changes that the app made even though uninstalled, you may have to go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > messaging, and clear data and cache then reboot again.

You'll of course have to reconfigure your messaging app. Be sure to use Google sync/backup to preserve any contacts, etc.