New to Forum

1. KawaKiwi

KawaKiwi New Member

I'm fairly new to the Android system. I have a Samsung tablet and a Motorola cell phone that run Android.

I keep myself aware of privacy issues and the companies that violate my privacy.

Years ago I used to work for a company that created email marketing software, and that experience exposed me to the Dark Side of Marketing and the ilk, such as data mining, devious means of circumventing or ignoring people's privacy, spamming, the double-speak of the Direct Marketing Association, etc. I left the company after 3 or 4 years.

I would like to improve the security and privacy of my Android devices, but unlike other systems (such as Ubuntu and Windows), I am finding my Android devices to be quite different than Ubuntu or Windows--almost as if the Android creators want to prevent user control over basic privacy and security issues. (Or perhaps it's just my "newbie" ignorance on setting those up.) For example, my cell phone has Privacy settings that extremely shallow and have practically nothing to do with real privacy settings.

On this forum I hope to explore my options on configuring my Android devices like I have done for my Ubuntu and Windows machines.

Advertisement
  2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

You've come to the right place KawaKiwi. Welcome to the forums. Be sure to check out the all thigs root sub-forums for your devices. Once you root you'll have more control over your devices.
  3. mysticspiral

mysticspiral Well-Known Member