• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

w6pea

May 18, 2013
Mexifornia
I just received my Samsung Galaxy Proclaim from Amazon Yesterday. :D
I think there is a real big learning curve(sort of like in Ham Radio)

Anyway one problem I have is how do I set the power saver mode so that the phone doesn't go into a sleep mode, so I have to push the on/off-lock button (while trying to edit or enter new contacts) also how do I set the text section I know it's in the voice mail I guess I may need to do a system reset.

I also have a problem with g-Mail on my computer and also in the new phone but I will ask about that later.
Thanks for the help.

Hello w6pea, and welcome to the Forums!

I see you have Chesty for an avatar. :)

For the screen, try tapping menu/settings/display and you should see something about screen time out.

I am not on same phone as you but this might be close. Someone will be by to help.

Thanks for joining!

Upvote 0
Quite welcome, did you find it there?

These smartphones have so much going on, the battery life is not great.

Actually, what you were asking about, leaving the screen on, contributes to killing the battery.

When you first get one of these phones it seems like you have it on constantly while you are tinkering with it. I have an extended battery for one of my phones, that helps.

I charge mine overnight but once it is charged, it is charged.

I hope you are finding your way around ok and getting your answers. Feel free to keep asking till you do. :)

Upvote 0
Top 3 things that drain the battery fast...

1) Display (screen on)
2) GPS (maps)
3) Weak signal (cell)

I'm guessing you spent a lot more time playing on the phone entering data and such than you realized. Happens to me each time I get a new phone too.

To see what is using up the battery the most, go to:
Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use
Kinda hidden feature while there is you can tap on the graph to see more info on what radios / display was on when.

Upvote 0
Wondering what your gmail problem is, as well?

As far as entering your contacts, you can actually do that on Gmail via your pc and they will sync to your phone if you have that account linked to your phone. Much handier way to enter the info and create groups, etc.

Thank you for the help. I don't really like g-Mail but I will live with it for the time being. I want to change my g-mail user name but that sucks so I will deal with it after I get the cellphones set up. Then deal with g-Mail.

Thanks again ! :coffee:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones