New to forums, Androids, and smart phones

Last Updated:

1. clorissasue

clorissasue Member This Topic's Starter

Hi my name is Clorissa. I just got the Sony Ericsson X10. Thus far I LOVE IT. Its not been even a week since I had it. I still have a lot to learn, but I am already wondering how I Lived life without the wonderful FREE APPS I have downloaded!

My favorite so far is "out of milk" Where I was able to put my shopping list up and get groceries w/o a pen and paper to mess around with! I also love the personal trainer type app that has given me a list of workouts to do come Monday at the gym! Who knew your phone could help you lose weight?!

Anyway I had a few questions and that is why I joined up here, that and just to learn....

When I would be on my old phone, and would get a text message I was able to either put call on speaker or bluetooth headset and then check my messages. So far on the X10 I am finding that is not possible? Is this right or am I missing something there? Oh and the flash for the camera, is there an app that will make the flash JUST come on for a picture? Is this possible?

Also if anyone else has this phone and is aware of a way to give each person in your phone book their own "Notification" tone and could share that with me I would love it, also a feature I am missing from my old phone.

Thank you so much for your help and for having this forum, off to read up!

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. supersan

supersan Member

Hi Clorisssa,

I'd love to help you out but I have Samsung Galaxy S, although it sounds very strange if you couldn't do the unique ringtone/contact thing.
    Hope you're finding the answers to your questions around the forum.

See ya around.

supersan

4. eggie

eggie Well-Known Member

Welcome mate. Enjoy your stay here at the forums! :D

5. clorissasue

clorissasue Member This Topic's Starter

I can give each contact its own ringtone.... I just cannot give them a TEXT notification tone. My old phone I was able to. I like it, I have my kids set a certain tone, so that even if I am at work, I know its them. Now they are all the same... Facebook and Texts from everyone.... :)

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome!

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! PM me if you need some help getting around! :D

Steven