New to Hero. New to Android!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xandria, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Portland area
    Not new to cell phones. :p I will have my HTC Hero thru Sprint in a few days. Here is what happened:

I have had Sprint for years. Two years ago I started wanting more than just a phone and I got the Palm Treo 755p. Loved it!! Loved Palm Desktop! I really used that phone. It started to fall apart, and when I tried to get a replacement, I was told they don't make Treos anymore. Sooo sad!! So, onward and upward, I chose the Palm Pre.

Well... The first Pre I had was defective, so they gave me another one 2 days later. During the first update I attempted, I lost ALL my contacts. And since Palm decided NOT to use Palm Desktop with the Pre, I didn't have any of that info on my PC. Anyway, soon after the update, my camera stopped working & the phone would NOT ring at all! The only way I knew I got a call was when the "missed call" alert popped up on the screen. Niiiice. I also found the slide-down keyboard to be flimsy. The little phone is super slick (read: slippery). I had to keep a death grip on the little bugger so I didn't drop it. AND, once I synced all my info to the Palm "cloud" I could no longer sync it to Google. :eek: WHA?!?! True. I had to do it all manually via vcards.

Long story short(er), I am giving the silly little Pre back to Sprint and my Hero should arrive via mail in 2 days. :D

I am checking out this forum, trying to read up on tips and tricks and the like. I will have questions! This is my first Android and I am pretty excited about it. :p

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Software Developer
    Kent, UK
    Welcome to the Android Forums!!

3. welcome to the forums, glad to have ya aboard!

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)