New to HTC hero and android

Last Updated:

1. jodfrey

jodfrey New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 4, 2009
    Hi peeps, new to forum and new to the world of android.

Had HTC Hero about a week, and loving it to bits - few niggles, such as no flash on camera (came from Sony Ericsson k800i and loved that camera), and alarms not working if phone has been turned off ( i just took that as standard on all phones), but the pros far outweigh the cons.

My biggest problem to this phone is the fact that i came from a pay as you go phone, to a contract phone, and so things like mobile internet were never anything i paid attention to, my phone was for texting, phone calls, taking pictures and playing music. So now i have so many things too play with i don't know what to do with myself, and in some cases no idea how to do them!

So any help you guys can give me would be extremely welcome.

Ok so first things first, i upgraded the software of the phone to the latest update yesterday and things are running much smoother. So much so i tried to download some film trailers to test the video playback. I downloaded "Act 1 Video player trial" and "aPlayer" from market and neither can play anything i download - at best i get a couple of seconds of laggy footage and then the picture freezes, whilst audio continues. So does anybody know what i'm doing wrong, how i need to set the phone up, or better video players i need to install.

Secondly i put an episode of Clone wars on my phone to try in wmv format, and can't acess the sd card to find it, and none of the players find it to play - again any ideas what i need to do to sort it out?

Look forward to your responses.

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Video needs to be mp4 .. use a converter and you should be ok with most players ... but like anything not all players are created equal .... check the Market for others ...
  3. beafdefx

beafdefx Member

May 12, 2009