1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

New to Huawei Ascend YSupport

Last Updated:

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered New Member

Hello Folks,
    I've been lurking for a couple days and trying to understand my new phone. This is the first smartphone I've ever had so there is a lot to learn LOL. My Son lives 1500 miles away and this morning he sent me a text msg with a voice attachment of himself saying "Hi Ma, I love you" . I would love to use this as his ringtone. I saved the voice attachment to my SDCard but have no idea where to go from there. Please help :)

Advertisement
  2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

Hi PlumTuckered and welcome to AF:)
    If you go into "contacts"-find your son's listing-tap your menu button-select "Options"-there is a "Ringtone" listing-select it and choose which ringtone you would like:thumbup:
    Moving your thread over to the Ascend Y forum-FYI :)
  3. Dntknw8

Dntknw8 New Member

sorry to bother u but i really dnt know alot about this root stuff. i tried rooting my huawei ascend y h866c. i used poot like the forum said. after i did that i was in some app and everything on my phone got erased. it was backed up, but i didnt flash my phone, can any one help me, please!!!!!! root checker said my phone was rooted, but im lost.
  4. zambaito

zambaito Member

what app were you in? what were you doing? does your phone still work? can you still install apps? it might suck but you might just have to reinstall stuff from the play store.