• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New To My Admire

dr69

Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys i have this Admire phone for a while and im about to send it back to Samsung for repair it currently has OS 2.3.4 and i wont update unless they update it for me, the Usb connector seems to be faulty so they said is under warraty and they will fix it, so when i get it back im thinking of:

Things i want to Achieve:
1- Rooting
2- Installing SuperUser
3- Installing ClockWorkMod
4- Backing Up Stock Rom
5- Removing ALL or MOST of METRO CRAPWARE
6- Finding out what Roms Are Stable and available for the Admire, and where can i download them from cause i looked in a thread that talks about a Roms called MysteryEmotionz and the links are dead.
7- Install Flash Player (the latest if available and if the phone supports it)
8- Probably installing a Custom Roms as long as it doesnt mess with the Radios (Wifi, bluetooth, cell, Etc)

Thing i dont want:
1- Cutoms kernel - cause i think the one available messes with the Radios or the MMs settings and stuff like that.
2- Slow Phone
3- Mess up the phone this include but not limited to: bricking, freezing, etc do to Bad and/or Custom Roms, Custom Kernels, Etc. I DO appreciate al the time and effort that the DEVS put into building ROMs but i dont have the kind of cash to take the chance and brick my phone sorry.

Thank You guys in advanced if anything else comes up i will le t you guys know as soon as i receive my phone back.
Have a nice day

:):):):):)

Hi guys i have this Admire phone for a while and im about to send it back to Samsung for repair it currently has OS 2.3.4 and i wont update unless they update it for me, the Usb connector seems to be faulty so they said is under warraty and they will fix it, so when i get it back im thinking of:

Things i want to Achieve:
1- Rooting
2- Installing SuperUser
3- Installing ClockWorkMod
4- Backing Up Stock Rom
5- Removing ALL or MOST of METRO CRAPWARE
6- Finding out what Roms Are Stable and available for the Admire, and where can i download them from cause i looked in a thread that talks about a Roms called MysteryEmotionz and the links are dead.
7- Install Flash Player (the latest if available and if the phone supports it)
8- Probably installing a Custom Roms as long as it doesnt mess with the Radios (Wifi, bluetooth, cell, Etc)

Thing i dont want:
1- Cutoms kernel - cause i think the one available messes with the Radios or the MMs settings and stuff like that.
2- Slow Phone
3- Mess up the phone this include but not limited to: bricking, freezing, etc do to Bad and/or Custom Roms, Custom Kernels, Etc. I DO appreciate al the time and effort that the DEVS put into building ROMs but i dont have the kind of cash to take the chance and brick my phone sorry.

Thank You guys in advanced if anything else comes up i will le t you guys know as soon as i receive my phone back.
Have a nice day

:):):):):)

just trying to cover the bases here lol
1. easy to do, both 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 has rooting available
2. superuser of course
3. CWM, i myself would recommend that you install this first iver anything else, and then use it to create a backup. depending on what OS samsung returns your Admire with, if you get it back with 2.3.4 then quickly before rooting make a backup for the love of trees make a backup. you will eventaully have to use it one way or another so just make now trust me. the ways we have to get back to 2.3.4 here as pretty buggy or half-assed. i kinda go into it here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/618191-stock-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
and if you ge it with 2.3.6 then no backup is really needed unless you actually want one. the reason s becasue you could always jsut go to the samsung website and download the simple upgrade tool to for the metropcs samsung admire. using it will always get you back to stock 2.3.6 so thats why i really dont think a 2.3.6 backup is needed
4. backup, lol what i just said ^^
5. de bloat debloat: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/412650-safely-removeable-bloatware.html
6. the most stable roms we have are Open Android and Monster 5.3, some devs have reported working on other roms but time will tell, with that said there are actaully a good amount of roms for this little device.
7. if you do go to install flash player you better be ready to partition your sd card cause it takes up 9MB storage. even though flash player was not meant to be on your phone, someone figured out how and installing it is pretty forward. i could provide you with what you need since most of the links for that are dead.
8. a custom rom shouldnt mess with any of that. ive flash a bunch of roms and never had radios, wifi, cell troubles. ive only encountered troubles when experimenting with what i had no prior knowledge of, so its best recommended that if you dont know what you are doing stop and ask us a question

1. lucky for you Open Android and Monster 5.3 have verision that dont include custom kernels. btw a custom kernel doesnt mess with any of that. ive ran the custom kernels we have have here many times and had nothin of the sort. the only bad thing that comes from a custom kernel is your phone might not be able to take it and it would heat up, reboot, and/or casue force closing of apps. in more severe cases yes it could f*** up your phone but usually one knows if the phone doesnt take the kernel and you can step it and restore the phone with the backup i talked about earlier.
2. ive had the phone for about 6 months now and no slowness from me. most of the time i was running stock 2.3.4 too. right now im on OA (Open Android) the non overclock version and its fast. if i could run the overclock version it would be faster!!
3. you are gonna brick your phone sooner or later lol ijs ive bricked mine 1 and a half times myself. not counting the times ive flashed a rom wrong. anyways if you flash a rom wrong all you are gonna end up doing is soft bricking the phone which just puts you in a bootloop and these are always fixable one way or another, correctly flash rom, restore backup, etc. now if you really dont want to brick your phone then dont i repeat dont use ROM MANAGER from the playstore or any app thats like it. if you do it will turn the phone into a nice shiny reflective paperweight

Upvote 0
just trying to cover the bases here lol
1. easy to do, both 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 has rooting available
2. superuser of course
3. CWM, i myself would recommend that you install this first iver anything else, and then use it to create a backup. depending on what OS samsung returns your Admire with, if you get it back with 2.3.4 then quickly before rooting make a backup for the love of trees make a backup. you will eventaully have to use it one way or another so just make now trust me. the ways we have to get back to 2.3.4 here as pretty buggy or half-assed. i kinda go into it here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/618191-stock-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
and if you ge it with 2.3.6 then no backup is really needed unless you actually want one. the reason s becasue you could always jsut go to the samsung website and download the simple upgrade tool to for the metropcs samsung admire. using it will always get you back to stock 2.3.6 so thats why i really dont think a 2.3.6 backup is needed
4. backup, lol what i just said ^^
5. de bloat debloat: http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/412650-safely-removeable-bloatware.html
6. the most stable roms we have are Open Android and Monster 5.3, some devs have reported working on other roms but time will tell, with that said there are actaully a good amount of roms for this little device.
7. if you do go to install flash player you better be ready to partition your sd card cause it takes up 9MB storage. even though flash player was not meant to be on your phone, someone figured out how and installing it is pretty forward. i could provide you with what you need since most of the links for that are dead.
8. a custom rom shouldnt mess with any of that. ive flash a bunch of roms and never had radios, wifi, cell troubles. ive only encountered troubles when experimenting with what i had no prior knowledge of, so its best recommended that if you dont know what you are doing stop and ask us a question

1. lucky for you Open Android and Monster 5.3 have verision that dont include custom kernels. btw a custom kernel doesnt mess with any of that. ive ran the custom kernels we have have here many times and had nothin of the sort. the only bad thing that comes from a custom kernel is your phone might not be able to take it and it would heat up, reboot, and/or casue force closing of apps. in more severe cases yes it could f*** up your phone but usually one knows if the phone doesnt take the kernel and you can step it and restore the phone with the backup i talked about earlier.
2. ive had the phone for about 6 months now and no slowness from me. most of the time i was running stock 2.3.4 too. right now im on OA (Open Android) the non overclock version and its fast. if i could run the overclock version it would be faster!!
3. you are gonna brick your phone sooner or later lol ijs ive bricked mine 1 and a half times myself. not counting the times ive flashed a rom wrong. anyways if you flash a rom wrong all you are gonna end up doing is soft bricking the phone which just puts you in a bootloop and these are always fixable one way or another, correctly flash rom, restore backup, etc. now if you really dont want to brick your phone then dont i repeat dont use ROM MANAGER from the playstore or any app thats like it. if you do it will turn the phone into a nice shiny reflective paperweight

ok so as the title says: my phone is finally back and they replaced the Mobo im pretty sure, but now i noticed that it has Android 2.3.6 and the new firmware which is FF18, so lets begin with the hacking, jijijijijiji
thanks for your help bro but now is when i really need it... ok so i read all you said, but my question is if i ROOT and i decide to go back to stock all i have to do is RUN the desktop utility upgrade tool in order to return to stock?
or do i need to remove the SuperUser and Root first?
please get back at me ASAP since im dying to relief my phone from all this crapware, jejejeje
thanks in advaced
have a nice one

Upvote 0
ok so as the title says: my phone is finally back and they replaced the Mobo im pretty sure, but now i noticed that it has Android 2.3.6 and the new firmware which is FF18, so lets begin with the hacking, jijijijijiji
thanks for your help bro but now is when i really need it... ok so i read all you said, but my question is if i ROOT and i decide to go back to stock all i have to do is RUN the desktop utility upgrade tool in order to return to stock?
or do i need to remove the SuperUser and Root first?
please get back at me ASAP since im dying to relief my phone from all this crapware, jejejeje
thanks in advaced
have a nice one

my man you are good. you can root it and if you want to remove root just run the upgrade tool!! of course this will erase all the data you have in the phone but it is the only way to effectively remove root from the 2.3.6 update and return to stock.

also if you happen to not like the the update, you can restore from a backup of 2.3.4 and you will keep the baseband/radio improvements on 2.3.4

also after you root the the 2.3.6 version dont use Titaniu Backup because it cause you to lose root and then you would have to re root :/ if only we had a more stable rooting method like the one click root for 2.3.4 lol it does work however

Upvote 0
my man you are good. you can root it and if you want to remove root just run the upgrade tool!! of course this will erase all the data you have in the phone but it is the only way to effectively remove root from the 2.3.6 update and return to stock.

also if you happen to not like the the update, you can restore from a backup of 2.3.4 and you will keep the baseband/radio improvements on 2.3.4--*

also after you root the the 2.3.6 version dont use Titaniu Backup because it cause you to lose root and then you would have to re root :/ if only we had a more stable rooting method like the one click root for 2.3.4 lol it does work however--**

--* the thing is that i never was rooted on 2.3.4 and i never did a backup, cause the reason i sent it for fixing was because a faulty connection in the usb port of the phone itself so i wasnt able to establish a proper connection between phone and PC...But i do have a dump that someone did and also one that is pre-rooted i think if i remember correctly. Also let me ask you so if i have a Dump that someone did of his/her 2.3.4 can i use that dump/backup from stock to restore mine from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4?and if this can be achieved can i then use titanium backup? Is it even Possible to Downgrade from Stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4?

--**why? is titanium messing it up? cause titanium is very helpful sooo, No Titanium and NO Rom Manager. so if i can downgrade, if applicable from stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4 can i use the one click root thingy? and then can i remain there and backup and will everything work fine? cause i read that when you upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 people were complaining that they were losing DATA, MMS, SMS, I think also internet and cell signal, cause the update messes with your APN settings and stuff like that.

Thanks again and i hope i was clear enough for you guys to understand me otherwise don't hesitate to ask me any question i just want to make sure i know what im doing and getting into before i even start the process, cause this is happening one way or the other...

thanks again have a nice day eveyone

Upvote 0
--* the thing is that i never was rooted on 2.3.4 and i never did a backup, cause the reason i sent it for fixing was because a faulty connection in the usb port of the phone itself so i wasnt able to establish a proper connection between phone and PC...But i do have a dump that someone did and also one that is pre-rooted i think if i remember correctly. Also let me ask you so if i have a Dump that someone did of his/her 2.3.4 can i use that dump/backup from stock to restore mine from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4?and if this can be achieved can i then use titanium backup? Is it even Possible to Downgrade from Stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4?

--**why? is titanium messing it up? cause titanium is very helpful sooo, No Titanium and NO Rom Manager. so if i can downgrade, if applicable from stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4 can i use the one click root thingy? and then can i remain there and backup and will everything work fine? cause i read that when you upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 people were complaining that they were losing DATA, MMS, SMS, I think also internet and cell signal, cause the update messes with your APN settings and stuff like that.

Thanks again and i hope i was clear enough for you guys to understand me otherwise don't hesitate to ask me any question i just want to make sure i know what im doing and getting into before i even start the process, cause this is happening one way or the other...

thanks again have a nice day eveyone

okay first a system dump and a nandroid backup are two different things. yes you could use either but it is more preferable to restore using a backup. yes you can downgrade from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4, i did it i didnt like the update so i used one of my backups to go back. thats all it takes to downgrade. a backup is made through CWM and a system dump is made by using ADB commands, people do use dumps to restore their phone but its a little more hands on cause you need to know the commands.
since you dont have a backup lying around go here mate:
http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html

okay let me clear this part up for you real good... the update yo uare refering t o that cause you to lose data, mms, etc was an update that wasnt meant for the MetroPCS admires. that update was only for the generic admire that are from like cricket. that update isnt available to get another from the samsung website, it can only be located here in these forums. the people of these forums did however find ways to get their data, mms, etc back on so one could use that upgrade and go to through that long process if they really wanted too. Now the official update for the metro admires has been available since august, no problem comes from using that this update. you dont have any worries if you plan on using the FF18 update.

Rom manager im sure you know isnt compatible with all phones so thats why its a no-no so just throw that out the window. TiBu is a great and helpful but honeslty i dont know why its causing troubles, my guess is that it comes from the way root was found for the 2.3.6 update. the root for 2.3.4 is definitely the most stable and is why people prefer to stay on the 2.3.4 version of the software. also there are some roms on here that are 2.3.6 but they were based on the generic update (which caused all types of trouble) but they are fully functioning and have none of the issues the update brings . im not exactly sure what you mean here "if applicable from stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4 can i use the one click root thingy?" but im assuming you mean why not use the one click root on the 2.3.6? if that is what you are asking then you can use it because with each new firmware google patches up their the hole in the existing firmware. we are able to get root through finding security exploits in the firmware. but yes if you downgrade you can use the one clcik root method becasue you will be on 2.3.4 and that method is for 2.3.4

Upvote 0

also if you happen to not like the the update, you can restore from a backup of 2.3.4 and you will keep the baseband/radio improvements on 2.3.4

also after you root the the 2.3.6 version dont use Titaniu Backup because it cause you to lose root and then you would have to re root :/ if only we had a more stable rooting method like the one click root for 2.3.4 lol it does work however

okay first a system dump and a nandroid backup are two different things. yes you could use either but it is more preferable to restore using a backup. yes you can downgrade from 2.3.6 to 2.3.4, i did it i didnt like the update so i used one of my backups to go back. thats all it takes to downgrade. a backup is made through CWM and a system dump is made by using ADB commands, people do use dumps to restore their phone but its a little more hands on cause you need to know the commands.
since you dont have a backup lying around go here mate:
http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html

okay let me clear this part up for you real good... the update yo uare refering t o that cause you to lose data, mms, etc was an update that wasnt meant for the MetroPCS admires. that update was only for the generic admire that are from like cricket. that update isnt available to get another from the samsung website, it can only be located here in these forums. the people of these forums did however find ways to get their data, mms, etc back on so one could use that upgrade and go to through that long process if they really wanted too. Now the official update for the metro admires has been available since august, no problem comes from using that this update. you dont have any worries if you plan on using the FF18 update.

Rom manager im sure you know isnt compatible with all phones so thats why its a no-no so just throw that out the window. TiBu is a great and helpful but honeslty i dont know why its causing troubles, my guess is that it comes from the way root was found for the 2.3.6 update. the root for 2.3.4 is definitely the most stable and is why people prefer to stay on the 2.3.4 version of the software. also there are some roms on here that are 2.3.6 but they were based on the generic update (which caused all types of trouble) but they are fully functioning and have none of the issues the update brings . im not exactly sure what you mean here "if applicable from stock 2.3.6 to stock 2.3.4 can i use the one click root thingy?" but im assuming you mean why not use the one click root on the 2.3.6? if that is what you are asking then you can use it because with each new firmware google patches up their the hole in the existing firmware. we are able to get root through finding security exploits in the firmware. but yes if you downgrade you can use the one clcik root method becasue you will be on 2.3.4 and that method is for 2.3.4

Dude ur the man, thanks for all ur help
so taking it from the link you provided here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
i downloaded all the files from that thread but i think i should used the second file which is a PREROOTED Backup, the problem here is that that backup says i MUST have CWM 5.0.2.7 installed in order to be able to install this PreRooted one. but since you said you already DID THIS PROCESS before then would be be so kind and to write a little Step by step guide so i dont mess up my phone by jumping from thread to thread, just tell me if you can do it and if you agree then just take ur time giving me the steps, please i understand if you dont want to.

if im not mistaken from the top of my head i think these are somewhat the steps please correct me where im wrong :
-download files from thread
-execute odin+ops + select the backup file for 2.3.4 (im gonna wait until u tell me which one i should use)
-put phone in download mode + connect
-then somehow root with the oneclick method
-install superuser
-install cwm (where can i get the latest cwm for admire? or do i need to get the 5.0.2.7 as the thread says?)
-make a Nandroid backup of my stock 2.3.4
-make a titanium bakcup of my stock 2.3.4

please check that list and make changes where needed thanks again

Upvote 0
Dude ur the man, thanks for all ur help
so taking it from the link you provided here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
i downloaded all the files from that thread but i think i should used the second file which is a PREROOTED Backup, the problem here is that that backup says i MUST have CWM 5.0.2.7 installed in order to be able to install this PreRooted one. but since you said you already DID THIS PROCESS before then would be be so kind and to write a little Step by step guide so i dont mess up my phone by jumping from thread to thread, just tell me if you can do it and if you agree then just take ur time giving me the steps, please i understand if you dont want to.

if im not mistaken from the top of my head i think these are somewhat the steps please correct me where im wrong :
-download files from thread
-execute odin+ops + select the backup file for 2.3.4 (im gonna wait until u tell me which one i should use)
-put phone in download mode + connect
-then somehow root with the oneclick method
-install superuser
-install cwm (where can i get the latest cwm for admire? or do i need to get the 5.0.2.7 as the thread says?)
-make a Nandroid backup of my stock 2.3.4
-make a titanium bakcup of my stock 2.3.4

please check that list and make changes where needed thanks again

okay you are getting the the two restore processes mixed up.

the top half of the thread are nandroid backups made to be restore with CWM 5.0.2.7 and the bottom half is for restoring via Odin. The two backups are both both stock unrooted. the odin method is is the one that involves the prerooted file which is is the file you should use if you are gonna use Odin for obvious reason i stated within the thread

If you are gonna restore via nandroid backup:
you have to have CWM already installed: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-recovery-not-compatible-rom-manager-yet.html

1. download either file and unzip them
2. put the folder you get into your sd card in the pathname clockworkmod/backup
3. boot into CWM by pressing POWER+VOL DOWN+BACK
4. use the volume keys to move down to backup and restore
5. use the home key to press okay, then select restore and select the folder.
6. wait for the restore to finish.
7. then do a factory reset(optional but recommended)

then you can turn the phone on, enable debug mode on through the settings. settings, applications, development. then go to the root guide for 2.3.4 and follow the instructions. when thats done, download superuser from the store and you are set

for Odin: follow these instructions
[ACS] THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock

Upvote 0
okay you are getting the the two restore processes mixed up.

the top half of the thread are nandroid backups made to be restore with CWM 5.0.2.7 and the bottom half is for restoring via Odin. The two backups are both both stock unrooted. the odin method is is the one that involves the prerooted file which is is the file you should use if you are gonna use Odin for obvious reason i stated within the thread

If you are gonna restore via nandroid backup:
you have to have CWM already installed: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-recovery-not-compatible-rom-manager-yet.html

1. download either file and unzip them
2. put the folder you get into your sd card in the pathname clockworkmod/backup
3. boot into CWM by pressing POWER+VOL DOWN+BACK
4. use the volume keys to move down to backup and restore
5. use the home key to press okay, then select restore and select the folder.
6. wait for the restore to finish.
7. then do a factory reset(optional but recommended)

then you can turn the phone on, enable debug mode on through the settings. settings, applications, development. then go to the root guide for 2.3.4 and follow the instructions. when thats done, download superuser from the store and you are set

for Odin: follow these instructions
[ACS] THE ODIN THREAD: Return to stock

Ok sorry for the delay...
so basically my only option at the moment is to DOWNGRADE through ODIN, right?
so from here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
i will use the ODIN part of the guide and use the: SCHR720_EH02_Prerooted-PDA.tar as you suggested. do i have to unpack it or will Odin read it as it is in ".TAR" extension? cause i saw it has 3 files inside: boot.img, recovery.img, system.rfs...

so just to be clear: on ODIN:
i click and select:
The OPS file, and then what do i do with the other options?
do i need any of them checked or clicked? for instance: what do i put or do with:
===Option===
-One Package (Unchecked)
-Auto Reboot (checked)
-Protect OPS (checked)
-Time Reset (checked)

===Debug Option===
-Debug ONLY (unchecked)???

===Select Images To Download===
-BOOT ???
-Phone ???
-PDA ???
-SCS ???
-EFS ???

===Select Integrate Package-Check One Package Option===
-One Package ???

===Select OPS ---> i know that the Ops Files must go here, right?

===Execution---> Must be to tell Odin to start performing the operations, right?

im sorry i ask you so much about odin is just i dont wanna mess up my phone and the thread doesnt really explain anything about odin and since you did it before if you dont mind guiding me, ill be more than happy to follow your instructions, mate...

BTW, im running Win7 32 bit just in case ill run it As Administrator, also i will unstall the drivers i got from the Samsung site to install the indulge ones from here, ok.
do i need to know anything else about the process before i start?
so in review:
-put phone in download mode
-Run Odin+Ops
-download through Odin the SCHR720_EH02_Prerooted-PDA.tar to my phone (Tar/UnTar??)
-after this phone should reboot and be on OS 2.3.4 Prerooted
-Do a Factory Reset, just to clear everything up right...
im good up to this point, then when we get here we can continue with the next steps, do you agree, mate

well then ill be patiently waiting for your response until then
Thanks again Bro, i really apreaciate all your hard work and time
have a nice day

Upvote 0
so from here: http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-cwm-backup-odin-returning-stock-2-3-4-a.html
i will use the ODIN part of the guide and use the: SCHR720_EH02_Prerooted-PDA.tar as you suggested. do i have to unpack it or will Odin read it as it is in ".TAR" extension? cause i saw it has 3 files inside: boot.img, recovery.img, system.rfs...

i click and select:
do i need any of them checked or clicked? for instance: what do i put or do with:
===Option===
-One Package (Unchecked)
-Auto Reboot (checked)
-Protect OPS (checked)
-Time Reset (checked)

===Debug Option===

-BOOT ???
-Phone ???
-PDA ???
-SCS ???
-EFS ???

-One Package ???

===Execution---> Must be to tell Odin to start performing the operations, right?

im sorry i ask you so much about odin is just i dont wanna mess up my phone and the thread doesnt really explain anything about odin and since you did it before if you dont mind guiding me, ill be more than happy to follow your instructions, mate...

BTW, im running Win7 32 bit just in case ill run it As Administrator, also i will unstall the drivers i got from the Samsung site to install the indulge ones from here, ok.
so in review:
-Run Odin+Ops
-download through Odin the SCHR720_EH02_Prerooted-PDA.tar to my phone (Tar/UnTar??)
im good up to this point, then when we get here we can continue with the next steps, do you agree, mate

have a nice day

I'll go ahead and put in my two cents. Since you're flashing a rom you're gonna wanna check one package so you don't have to worry about pda, phone etc. After you choose the ops then you choose the sch tar file under the one package thing and yes you aren't supposed to unpack it so just leave it as is. After you make sure your phone is connected and you're in download mode just start it and you'll be good to go after it reboots. Also you don't need to factory reset as the sch tar file is a clean stock rom so it doesn't have anything but the metro pcs apps and the stock stuff.

Upvote 0

i click and select:
===Option===
-One Package (Unchecked)
-Auto Reboot (checked)
-Protect OPS (checked)
-Time Reset (checked)

===Debug Option===

-BOOT ???
-Phone ???
-PDA ???
-SCS ???
-EFS ???

-One Package ???

so in review:
-Run Odin+Ops

have a nice day

you have everything set. just put in the the prerooted tar file in to the PDA button and then hit execute. alternately yo could just do like kage said where you do have the one package option checked and you put the tar file into the one package button. it works the same way. and dpont unpack anything, Odin will read them as a tar file

this video doesnt show the steps but itdoes show Odin with the areas filled in just like Kage says.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhxYBm9IMo

I'll go ahead and put in my two cents. Since you're flashing a rom you're gonna wanna check one package so you don't have to worry about pda, phone etc. After you choose the ops then you choose the sch tar file under the one package thing and yes you aren't supposed to unpack it so just leave it as is. After you make sure your phone is connected and you're in download mode just start it and you'll be good to go after it reboots. Also you don't need to factory reset as the sch tar file is a clean stock rom so it doesn't have anything but the metro pcs apps and the stock stuff.

yes there are two ways to do use Odin, i never used the one pakcage option though lol i always put the tar into the PDA area. and i only say factory reset if using the nandroid backups

Upvote 0
you have everything set. just put in the the prerooted tar file in to the PDA button and then hit execute. alternately yo could just do like kage said where you do have the one package option checked and you put the tar file into the one package button. it works the same way. and dpont unpack anything, Odin will read them as a tar file

this video doesnt show the steps but itdoes show Odin with the areas filled in just like Kage says.
Metropcs Samsung Admire Stock Recovery - YouTube

yes there are two ways to do use Odin, i never used the one pakcage option though lol i always put the tar into the PDA area. and i only say factory reset if using the nandroid backups

one last question before i start the Odin process:
Do i need to unistall the Mobile phone Driver i got from the Samsung site and install the Indulge-Drivers or just leave it as it is?
the one i downloaded from the Samsung site says has the following attributes:
SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0
22.8MB

what you guys think?

Upvote 0
one last question before i start the Odin process:
Do i need to unistall the Mobile phone Driver i got from the Samsung site and install the Indulge-Drivers or just leave it as it is?
the one i downloaded from the Samsung site says has the following attributes:
SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0
22.8MB

what you guys think?

As long as odin detects your phone you should be good

Upvote 0

the problems is that im removing the battery, replacing the battery and cover, pressing and holding the Camera button, connecting the Usb cable and nothing is happening, the phone is not goiing into Download mode , and therefore Odin is not detecting it. im currently installing the indulge drivers since i uninstalled the drivers i got from the samsung site.

Upvote 0

the problems is that im removing the battery, replacing the battery and cover, pressing and holding the Camera button, connecting the Usb cable and nothing is happening, the phone is not goiing into Download mode , and therefore Odin is not detecting it. im currently installing the indulge drivers since i uninstalled the drivers i got from the samsung site.

Does it matter where i place odin in windows cause like i said i have Win 7 32-bit and i have Odin in my desktop and the Ops file is in the desktop too, also i just installed the indulge drivers and rebooted the pc let me try this again.

Nope the Indulge drivers get installed and then my Admire is not even detected by Win 7 when i boot up the phone normally, so im uninstalling the Indulge-drives and gonna install the drivers from the samsung site at least they worked as expected and the phone was being detected when booted normally by windows lets try that again and ill tell you how it goes

OK ok ok we have a problem, after performing the download procedure without sucess now i installed the drivers from the samsung site and my phone is not detected either. the phone doesnt detect that is connected to the usb cause it doesnt give me the option to enable usb drive and Win 7 is not installing the drivers for the phone when i connect it either, also when i connect it to the charger it doesnt charge either.
what you guys think is the problem here?
any ideas?

im going crazy now

Upvote 0

Does it matter where i place odin in windows cause like i said i have Win 7 32-bit and i have Odin in my desktop and the Ops file is in the desktop too, also i just installed the indulge drivers and rebooted the pc let me try this again.

Nope the Indulge drivers get installed and then my Admire is not even detected by Win 7 when i boot up the phone normally, so im uninstalling the Indulge-drives and gonna install the drivers from the samsung site at least they worked as expected and the phone was being detected when booted normally by windows lets try that again and ill tell you how it goes

OK ok ok we have a problem, after performing the download procedure without sucess now i installed the drivers from the samsung site and my phone is not detected either. the phone doesnt detect that is connected to the usb cause it doesnt give me the option to enable usb drive and Win 7 is not installing the drivers for the phone when i connect it either, also when i connect it to the charger it doesnt charge either.
what you guys think is the problem here?
any ideas?

im going crazy now

use the indulge drivers. are you using the orginal cable that came with the phone? phone not being detected by the computer is usually a cable problem cause they make pretty shotty cables. replacement cables dont always work right. bro the phone has to be off, press and hold the camera button down firm for about 10 seconds, while still holding the button plug the cable to the phone and wait a few seconds while still holding the camera button

another video on youtube shows this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkmPTaE4X7w

really mate if you get any problems search, most of this issues are already posted up somwhere

Upvote 0
use the indulge drivers. are you using the orginal cable that came with the phone? phone not being detected by the computer is usually a cable problem cause they make pretty shotty cables. replacement cables dont always work right. bro the phone has to be off, press and hold the camera button down firm for about 10 seconds, while still holding the button plug the cable to the phone and wait a few seconds while still holding the camera button

another video on youtube shows this:Samsung Admire Download Mode - YouTube

really mate if you get any problems search, most of this issues are already posted up somwhere

well i really think is the phone, probably they know about that trick and they implemented some new measures to block that from happening in this board since now the phone is not detected by my PC with the indulge or the samsung drives and is not the cable cause i connected my sensation with that cable to the PC and it was detected by phone and PC right away.
also now the phone when i connected it to the charger ti takes a little while in order to show that is charging and when unplugged it also takes a while to show that is no plugged and charging anymore.

so after this i cannot continue cause i now know for a fact that is not the cable cause it doesnt work with the cable that came with my sensation either.
but now i dont know what to do cause it wont even connect to the PC not even for USb Drive.

i even did a factory reset from the inside menu to see if the problem would get solved but so far noting has worked

Upvote 0
well i really think is the phone, probably they know about that trick and they implemented some new measures to block that from happening in this board since now the phone is not detected by my PC with the indulge or the samsung drives and is not the cable cause i connected my sensation with that cable to the PC and it was detected by phone and PC right away.
also now the phone when i connected it to the charger ti takes a little while in order to show that is charging and when unplugged it also takes a while to show that is no plugged and charging anymore.

so after this i cannot continue cause i now know for a fact that is not the cable cause it doesnt work with the cable that came with my sensation either.
but now i dont know what to do cause it wont even connect to the PC not even for USb Drive.

i even did a factory reset from the inside menu to see if the problem would get solved but so far noting has worked

Actually just because the cable works with another phone doesn't mean it'll work for the admire. I have a cable that can connect my imprint to the computer but when I use it for my admire it doesn't work

Upvote 0
Actually just because the cable works with another phone doesn't mean it'll work for the admire. I have a cable that can connect my imprint to the computer but when I use it for my admire it doesn't work

ok thats fair but i also have the original cable that came with my sensation 4g and it doesnt connect with that one either, anyways samsung told me to mail it in and they are gonna have a look at it i told them that the phone just came from them. and they send me the prepaid envelope and heading tomorrow to staples to mail it.
thanks in for all your help guys, ill keep you guys posted on whatever happens.
i really appreaciate all your time and help.

but i do think that maybe they implemented some new kind of procedure on the new Mobo that i think i have to prevent people of achieving download mode on the new boards.
i dont know just an idea.
thanks anyways guys
Have a nice day

Upvote 0
ok thats fair but i also have the original cable that came with my sensation 4g and it doesnt connect with that one either, anyways samsung told me to mail it in and they are gonna have a look at it i told them that the phone just came from them. and they send me the prepaid envelope and heading tomorrow to staples to mail it.

but i do think that maybe they implemented some new kind of procedure on the new Mobo that i think i have to prevent people of achieving download mode on the new boards.
thanks anyways guys
Have a nice day

no thats unlikely, they could add procedures to make it difficult to do other things but not like getting into Download mode. my gf has a newer Admire that replaced her old Admire, and it is 2.3.6 brand new but you can still get into download mode. i mean it is tricky to get into it, i takes me 2-4 tries sometimes, even on mine lol the camera button is kinda flimsy

Upvote 0
I totally understand that but what I don't understand is why it isn't being detected by the.pc and the actual phone.itself doesn't shows as if it was connected to the.pc.either not even to.charge.
I know getting into download mode is tricky but I read the thread and saw the.video on how to do it and this is what I remember:
-remove the battery
-replace the.battery
-press and hold the camera button for at least ten seconds
-with one end.of the USB cable connected to the pc, now connect the USB cable to the phone and keep the camera button pressed until download mode appears.-----and here is where my admire hungs and never enters download mode.
The thing is that I have to mail it in cause since it doesn't connect to the pc if it did go into download mode then I wouldn't be able to do anything if it still didn't connect.
They already send me the prepaid labol and I'm mailing the phone either today or tomorrow.
I'll keep you guys posted thanks

Upvote 0

thanks anyways guys
Have a nice day

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones