• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to my Sony Xperia Z1

I just got this Phone a couple of days ago and i am trying to find out how to set individual ring tones for Facebook and email, right now they all have the same. So i was just wondering if there is a way to change to have a differant notification sound for facebook and email. Thanks in advance :)

Again Gmail is in-app. Open Gmail, menu button (three dots top right), settings, email account you wish to change (example@gmail.com), Inbox sound & vibrate, Sound. You can also set seperate notifications for certain labelled messages too if you have a rule to go straight to an email by scrolling down to manage labels in the settings for the account, select the label and choose notification for that too.
I'm sure you can for the other stock email app for outside email addresses but I don't use it so wouldn't know how to go about it but I imagine should be something along the same lines. Hope this helps.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones