New to my Sony Xperia Z1Tips

1. Shannon_Ficke

Shannon_Ficke New Member

I just got this Phone a couple of days ago and i am trying to find out how to set individual ring tones for Facebook and email, right now they all have the same. So i was just wondering if there is a way to change to have a differant notification sound for facebook and email. Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You need to do it via the apps themselves.

Not sure about email app, but in FB head to Open FB -> Settings -> Notifications and you should be able to change in there. :)
  3. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Well-Known Member

Again Gmail is in-app. Open Gmail, menu button (three dots top right), settings, email account you wish to change (example@gmail.com), Inbox sound & vibrate, Sound. You can also set seperate notifications for certain labelled messages too if you have a rule to go straight to an email by scrolling down to manage labels in the settings for the account, select the label and choose notification for that too.
    I'm sure you can for the other stock email app for outside email addresses but I don't use it so wouldn't know how to go about it but I imagine should be something along the same lines. Hope this helps.
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. gregg1100

gregg1100 Well-Known Member

Got Ringdroid on my S3. It allows you to cut into any MP3 song- start it where you want ringtone to start, stop it where you want- save it to either Contact or phone ringtone. Very easy to do. From Playstore.