New to Nexus one Video Ringtone help

Last Updated:

1. mchl

mchl Member This Topic's Starter

Im thinking of getting the att nexus one and was wandering

is using my mp3s as ringtones easy?

and dose anyone know where to find the best specs for ripping dvds to play in nexus one.

does the nexus one handle anamorphic video?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

1) Pretty easy. If you have a mp3 that is specifically a ringtone, just put it in the /media/audio/ringtone/ folder on your SD card. If you want to make a ringtone from a song on your phone, you can download the Ringdroid app from the Android Market.

2) The best specs? I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll give it a go. Android generally likes H.264 .MP4's as the video format, and whatever resolution you need it to be (a Nexus One should be more than powerful for most resolutions). Its best that you encode videos at their native resolution (so not any bigger or smaller).

3) Technically yes. However, you should encode the videos so the black bars ARE NOT part of the video. It just wastes space on your memory card. Plus the phone can't tell the difference between the edges of the actual video and the video content. So when your done encoding the video, they should look like this:

[​IMG]

NOT this:

[​IMG]

3. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

I use handbrake and choose the default iPhone preset. I've never had a problem playing the vids on my N1, that is, when I have space to store a video file:(

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Handbrake is the shit. Its now my favorite for converting movies. I'm also running out of space on my 8 GB card. I just ordered a 16 GB off of Amazon though.

Put both Pink Floyd: The Wall and Animal House on my Eris. Both play flawlessly.