New to root, New to problems

Last Updated:

1. ditoh1

ditoh1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I am new to the community and tried rooting my Moment with Froyo.
    Yes, it is true, the phone is surprisingly faster and better....but I have a couple of problems.

First off, I can't mount my SD card. Doesn't come up at all on the phone, nor my computer.

Second problem, Well this one was going on before the rooting/roming was made. I use an extended battery, but the system doesn't recognize it as a "Approved Battery", which does not let me charge the phone unless its fully off. In order for this to work, I need to remove the battery, connect the charger, insert the battery and then let it charge as its off.

Any and All help is extremely appreciated!

-ditoh1

Advertisement
  2. ditoh1

and I just found out that I needed to change the USB Debugging mode. I still have the problem with the battery...can anyone help me?

3. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

They have extended batteries for the Moment? Wow, I learned something... But if you rooted with Radioactive FroYo then you might as well go back to the battery that came with the phone. Check my 'Root Experience' Thread and you'll see the battery life is 100% better than it was before I rooted it.

4. ditoh1

Seddy,
    Thank you for your reply to my post :)
    yeah, I have noticed a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch needed improvement with the battery :) the problem is that I can't charge my phone unless its off :(

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Not being able to mount the sd card would be a deal breaker for me. Have you tried another card to make sure your card is good?

I'd try to reflash to stock and then try the rom again or even try a different rom. I have to have the sd card on mine because I listen to music all day from it...

6. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Sorry, but there's no fix for the battery issue that I'm aware of. I've used aftermarket batteries in almost every PDA and phone I've owned and Samsung phones are the only ones that identify the non OEM's and refuses to charge them.

7. ditoh1

Well thanks everyone for the help... :(