New to Root Now What??

Last Updated:

1. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have just followed the easy root instructions in the SF Sticky. Everything worked out. My question is now what? I am a COMPLETE newb so I dont know where to go now. What I would like to accomplish here is:

-Delete the VZW apps (VCAST)
    -Get rid of Bing and add Google search
    -Use flash

Are these possible things I can do? Thanks for the help, seriously!

Advertisement
  2. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

Flash 10.1 will not work without JIT which is in 2.2. You can remove Bing and install Google. You can pretty much replace anything you want. I recommend that you get Titanium backup and create backup before you go jacking with stuff. If you have some skills, install clockwork recovery and create a low level backup so you can restore everything back later.

BTW, all of this is in the forum. I would suggest reading up.

3. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Some Of the roms that you can load will debing and debloat but you will have to get clockwork first..

Btw check out "fascinate-all things root" you will find a lot of useful info

4. Bob-o

Bob-o Well-Known Member

Read read and read. Any questions will be answered in the forums by numerious people. I would recomend not deleting anything. Get titanium backup pro and freeze it. It will not run in the back round, give you better battery, and will be there should you ever unroot.

BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING, MAKE A BACKUP IN CLOCKWORK!!!

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

yup, although you can use skyfire for flash in the browser (didnt need root for that) but its a pain and having had a 2.2 phone...not as good

remember to never touch google apps in titanium or in root explorer or goodbye market downloads :eek: