New to rooting...should I try?

1. 350n350

350n350 New Member

Hi guys, I have been wanting to root my one S since I got it 2 weeks ago. When I was looking for info, I came across this forum and decided to join today :D

I can tell you guys that I'm not good with programming and doing stuffs like rooting. I have been reading a thread here "One S: All things root guide" close to ten time, and I'm still scare to do it, lol. Anyway, I have question about the ROMs. It didn't say in the thread when and where I need to install it, so do I need to download it or it's already included in the installation file.

I also come across the site call "root-android.org" has anyone heard about them or used them before?

Please help, thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. frodox

frodox Member

very easy definitely try. if you want to make life easier you can try using HTC One S AIO kit :)
  3. Seag

Seag Member

I was in the same boat as you, but the bloatware I was forced to accept caused me to root my One S.

Honestly, the only places you need to use are AndroidForums (this site) and XDA developers. I personally have spent many, many hours browsing for reputable places, and these two are the most superior.

I love my phone being rooted, BTW. Follow guides here, and you're set. Also, if you brick it, it's not as big a deal as it sounds. Just make sure you back up your phone before you do anything, and then if you run into problems, post on here, and you will be back in shape in no time.

Good luck!