new to rooting the g1. first time.

Last Updated:

1. JC1987

JC1987 Member This Topic's Starter

I need some help getting my phone rooted or flashed. Its my first time doing this. Well I allready rooted my phone. I have the latest radio and a hardslp with 1.6 donut. I have the dream developer debug test keys rc83. Why can't I flash the slp and a new recovery. I want the latest stuff that is out for the g1. I'm willing to donate whoever can help me out with this thanks.

Advertisement
  2. flight3

flight3 Active Member

3. JC1987

Yea I fanlly rooted it with raemonra 1.6.2 and with the latest slp and radio with superd rom1.11. Now I tried flashing different roms well the lastest cyonegen rom but it stays frozen. Why? I need help with this now.

4. MaxOmus

MaxOmus Well-Known Member

Are you doing a complete wipe each time you flash a new rom?
    Come to think of it Cyanogen roms would freeze for me too, but I was able to restart, wipe again & eventually got it, but I never had great performance Cyan roms anyway & it has been a while since I have flashed one..

5. JC1987

Yea I do a complete wipe every time a flash a new rom. since I recently rooted my g1 the first rom was the latest suped rom. I have tried cm4 froze once then got it to work didn't. Something about swipe app kept forcing close. It got annying. I didntlike it by the way. Then tried cm5 but I guess its a test version I can get my gmail account to sync with it. So took it off. Heros nemesis rom froze also. And the eclair one too. They keep freezing at the loading screen after the g1 image dissappears then starts to load with the new logo but keeps loading forever.