New to rooting

Last Updated:

1. blyford

blyford Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so as the topic title says im new. I've had my x about a month. I've also been rooting or at least attempting to for two days now. I failed at the manual install and did the one click room successfully...
    Then the problem came. I downloaded the 2.2 zip and failed epicly at installing it. Bricked my phone and spent all day trying to fix it. I don't think im dumb but im new lol and was looking for some pointers. I really want 2.2 and to be able to customize and do anything i want but am nervous at doing so. If anyone wants to give me any better idea on what i should do to install 2.2 let me know.

Advertisement
  2. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

Is the phone unbricked?

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

how did you go abouut installing it? and what exactly happened?

what is the status of your phone now? if it is stuck on the moto logo screen, you may need to flash it back to 2.1 using the .sbf floating around out there. there are tons of threads on this recently.

or, you can try booting into recovery (home + power, then hit search when the recovery screen pops up) and try to re-install the update.zip.

if you can be a bit more specific about what happened/what is happening now, i am sure we can help you out of it.

4. blyford

blyford Member This Topic's Starter

Oh sorry yes the phone is unbricked. I was just wanting to bump up to 2.2 and wasn't sure how to do that. Id also like to be able to install custom roms and such.

Sorry i didn't make that clear haha. Its back to 2.1 and just basic setttings atm.

5. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

blyford likes this.