New to rooting

Last Updated:

1. aldaris

aldaris Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to rooting on the androids but I've decided I truly wanna do it, I got the 1.0 and I was wondering if you guys could help me out, like live help like on msn or aim or something because, I dont wanna brick my phone, of course u wont be liable for anything that happens to my phone but i would like the assistance of someone who has already done it, you might say I'm being lazy and I want it the easy way, but there is so much info on this and it's sorta confusing, I'm not computer illiterate or nothing, but I dont know so many terms I'm not familiar with, please help me out. add me on msn or aim joseberrio@live.com or elkalibre , please help me out.

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Ok, go to this link and follow these directions

This is Cyanogen's wiki and it has a complete walk through. Start there read it through all the way, then ask me, if you have questions. Contact me over Gmail, go to the chat on the left side and search for me, Jordanfritzsche@gmail.com

I'll help as you need.

aldaris likes this.
  3. aldaris

Thank you for your help, What chat are you talking about sorry. I'm in the proccess of rooting the phone. :x

4. kski

kski Member

hes talking about gmail chat once logged on to gmail on the left side of the page there is a chat tab.

5. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

We got it all figured out, Now he's up and rooted, running Super D!

6. kski

kski Member

Nice, I'm always trying the new roms that come out, but i always seem to find my way back to SuperD(there is nothing better)

7. aldaris

yeah everything was amazing, thank you so very much jordan, i was lost before you helped me out!! :D

8. zaxos

zaxos Member

is cyanogen mod the best mod to root my device with?

9. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

CyanogenMod is actually a ROM that you can install after you've rooted. Whether it's the best is a matter of opinion, but I think most people would agree that it's one of the best.