New to Samsung PrecedentGeneral

1. silverado man

silverado man Member

Hello everyone.I am new to the Samsung Precedent. My old Motorola Droid finally died and so no way was going to sign another 2 year contract. I picked up the Precedent and was wondering if anyone had any major issues with it? Has anyone travelled much with them? I Drive a truck and usually travel on I-95 from Florida to Maine and was wondering what kind of coverage you guys have especially on the major interstates and the major cities. I am supposed to head up to Maine today so guess i will find out soon.

Advertisement
    :
  2. GArunner

GArunner Member

Let us all know about the coverage! I have traveled to several states on the east coast with no coverage problems.
  3. silverado man

silverado man Member

I left Springfield on Friday and headed to Lewiston Maine.I used I 95 to New Haven Ct.There i used I 91up to I 84 to I 90 to I495 to I 95 again.The coverage was pretty good.It was spottty in some areas, but so was my old Droid from Verizon. So far i am pleased.Now the battery life in this thing is not that good but thats another thread
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

My only complaints are incompatibility with some apps, terrible camera for barcodes and a slow CPU. Otherwise I-95 from NYC to Fayetteville, NC is pretty good coverage. I prefer a GSM phone when the signal gets spotty, but that's a personal preference - some people prefer the "going digital" of CDMA to the breakup of GSM.

(Oh, I've flashed the Area51 ROM to get a lot more "RAM" [it uses the SD card as "internal" memory] - I like to keep a lot of apps installed.)