• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to sensation, Just a question...

micahdiablo

Feb 15, 2011
Colton, CA
Hey, I'm Micah and I am new to the sensation 4G/T-mobile network.

I absolutely love the phone, the UI(especially the lockscreen) and all but my only complaint is

CALL Quality.

Talking with my bf tonight, was pretty touch and go. He has an Iphone 4 through Verizon and I just got my sensation last night and at first I had him on speaker phone but he couldn't hear me really even when i was lying down with the phone directly beside my face.

So then I turned on Wi-fi calling and tried it that way(NO speakerphone, holding it to my head) and he said i sounded Hollow, quiet

so i turned the wifi calling off and just used the Network and it was slightly better but troubling still...

Now mind you, I just brought a LG Mytouch Q that I didn't like but it worked MILES better for voice. The calls were clear and I even had 2-3 bars showing on the phone. I could hold the phone to my ear without any type of issue.

So why is it that I am having issues with a phone that is supposed to be better? Is this a known problem?

I am considering the Samsung Galaxy S2 but i just love the lockscreen on this phone but idk what to do....Any suggestions? And would you take the SG2 over the sensation?

I tried having conversations with my phone next to my head while laying down and my friends said the same thing. Once I sit up everything was fine. I guess it might be possible that some devices call quality are much better than others. This issue could also be the result of how the device was placed - or the phone's radio. I love HTC Sense lockscreen...and only HTC devices have it.

Reactions: micahdiablo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones