New to site...

Last Updated:

1. mschalle

mschalle New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I am new to this site and I was hoping to get some tips on extending the battery life of my new Motorola Droid X. I checked the battery use in Battery Manager and the Display is at 55%, and Cell standby is at 31%. I have the factory default settings in place so any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. shortansassy

shortansassy Member

Welcome mschalle!
    You've made a good first step by joining the forums!
    I'm fairly new to the Android OS, along with these forums, but I'll tell you right now - get Advanced Task Killer Free from the Android Marketplace - use it to kill apps and tasks that are running in the background, - this will go a long ways in saving your battery. Also, if you know you need your phone to last most of the day without having access to a charger - disable the services you wont be needing: GPS, WIFI and Bluetooth. Keep them off until you need them. You can also turn down your backlight to save batt. And last but not least - remove all those ridiculous widgets and apps from your homepage that come stock - that you just don't need or want.
    Good luck.
    Search the forums for any future questions and never hesitate to ask if you can't find an exact answer.
    ;)

yisagirl1 likes this.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

On the task killer recommendation, it's really not recommended to use a task killer. And if you're running FroYo (Android 2.2) then it's much more difficult to do.

Best thing to do is set battery management so a power conserving profile, shutting down GPS, Bluetooth, and WiFi unless you are specifically using them, and lowering the screen brightness.

Beyond this check out our Droid X forums... you'll find lots of good information there!

Motorola Droid X - Android Forums

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D

5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)

6. mschalle

mschalle New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tips...I will go in and make the necessary adjustments and see what sort of help that gives me my battery life. There is so much to learn with these smart phones. They are awesome, but it is definitely a HUGE jump from what I had. Thanks again!