New to smartphones - can I kill data updates but keep the phone on?Support

1. sheamurai

sheamurai Member

Hi
    Just trying to extend battery charge time.

During the work day I want my cellphone to be live, but there's really no need for any messaging or email updates.
    Is there a setting (I've looked all over and I can't find one) where you can shut off the data, but are still able to take/make calls?
    Airplane mode shuts off all external contact, I beleive.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. johnnycarrson

johnnycarrson Member

You can disable the cell data on your phone by going to the following location:

Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Data Enabled

It should help with battery life, but i would not expect much of a difference....

Hope this helps
    sheamurai and HustlinDaily like this.
  3. philoskinner

philoskinner New Member

Good info. Thanks
  4. johnnycarrson

johnnycarrson Member

I find that the largest drain of my battery is turning on Wifi and leaving it on. There are a few applications what i have experimented with in order to setup network schedules. The best one that i count was "Net Scheduler". It allows you to setup custom scheduled rules for turning on an off all connections. I have a schedule currently created to turn off Wifi when i leave for work for the day and it automatically turns on the Wifi at the time that i get home. I also believe that there is an option for data usage as well.

**Note** for the record, the best way to save battery life is to leave Wifi off unless you are actively using you phone.
  5. lquify

lquify Active Member

try sweetdreams