• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to smartphones, new to Android

Kabob

Android Enthusiast
Oct 7, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Hey Androidians! I just joined the forums, my wife and I bought Samsung Fastinates last month (woot for BOGO!) and while we're having some newbie adaption issues, we're both loving our phones. A far cry above my oh so frusterating LG Dare I've had the past two years.

Still getting used to apps and launchers and browsers and upteen-thousand other things, but enjoying the experience!

Welcome, this was me a week ago. This is a great forum, you'll get all your questions answered and people are very nice to new folks. I have a Captivate. The Samsungs are beautiful phones.

PS. I'm jealous that your Fascinate comes with an LED flash which Samsung apparently left out of almost every other Galaxy S.

Upvote 0
Much thanks to everyone!

Greetings!

Quite a step up from a Dare aye?

And yes there is a lot to learn, but this forum has been a great resource for meand hopefully for you too :)

Night and day difference from the Dare, that phone was the bane of my existance. Surely a monkey developed the touch technology!!!

Welcome, this was me a week ago. This is a great forum, you'll get all your questions answered and people are very nice to new folks. I have a Captivate. The Samsungs are beautiful phones.

PS. I'm jealous that your Fascinate comes with an LED flash which Samsung apparently left out of almost every other Galaxy S.

My boss has a Captivate, it's what got me hooked on the Galaxy S phones. You may miss the LED flash, I miss the slick looking back cover, the cheap looking plastic on the Fascinate is the only downside!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones