• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to smartphones

OtterGod

Lurker
Apr 15, 2010
UK
For some reason, despite various other geek tendencies (OK, probably more than just tendencies), I've never bothered with smartphones. Just not been interested in having internet access on the move. But then a friend posted something about the HTC Desire, it fired me up and I decided things had progressed enough with smartphones to tempt me.

And boy, am I glad I did. I love my Desire, am having great fun playing with it, tweaking things and all that. I found Android Forums fairly early on and was impressed with the community and all the knowledge available - a priceless resource for my early steps with Android. Certainly hope to stay around for a while...

For some reason, despite various other geek tendencies (OK, probably more than just tendencies), I've never bothered with smartphones. Just not been interested in having internet access on the move. But then a friend posted something about the HTC Desire, it fired me up and I decided things had progressed enough with smartphones to tempt me.

And boy, am I glad I did. I love my Desire, am having great fun playing with it, tweaking things and all that. I found Android Forums fairly early on and was impressed with the community and all the knowledge available - a priceless resource for my early steps with Android. Certainly hope to stay around for a while...
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones