New to Sprint and Evo, have questions/problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Evo last night and my wife got the Epic. I had to pull the plug on VZW b/c they said my contract was up in Nov but wouldn't let me upgrade until March. I just wanted to upgrade to a 1 yr contract so my wife and I would be up at the same time next year. They said I couldn't do a 1 yr upgrade until March. I went to the VZW store and even called customer service and no one would help me. I pulled both our accounts and went to Sprint.
    Well I'm already on my 2nd Evo...1st didn't even last 10 yrs and 7 of that was sleeping. My screen stopped responding so I had to bring it back. I was running with a Droid Eris and OMG this thing is so freakn fast.

Anything I should know about this phone?

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

4. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I should make a new thread. But I too, am getting the phone tomorrow, and I just want to know, is it necessary to get a bigger battery?
    If so, please link me the biggest and baddest you can find. Thanks.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

6. lornaevo

lornaevo Well-Known Member

I really recommend you look into rooting and consider running Cm 6.

7. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

The biggest and baddest (3500mha I believe) also makes the phone about twice as thick as stock. Just a warning.

For me rooting and only letting processes that I actually WANT run has done well. This has been the first weekend at my desk where I have had the phone by my side since 9am (it's 4:30 now) and have been texting and IMing via gtalk throughout the day. Also checking mail since it's more convenient than doing so on my desktop computer here. So we have about 7.5 hours of moderate use and at 74% battery as I type this. I don't thik that is bad at all. This is on a stock battery as well.

8. blksith0

Well I got my phone. But I cant root because its 3.30 :(
    But seriously my battery died in 4 hours. I mean, I was using it most of the time, but still. What am I doing wrong?

9. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

There are all kinds of tips on battery life. My battery will make it through the day, depending on how much I use it. If you can connect to wireless, do so as it goes through battery much less. I can go through the whole weekend at home without charging with minimal use, but not close w/ 3g.

The more you use it, (screen on) the quicker your battery will die.

10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

what steps have you taken to try and determine what is draining the battery? have you looked over the battery tips and tweaks thread?

11. blksith0

By wireless you mean wifi? Are you saying that wifi is less battery-draining? I would think its the opposite. Ill try to use wifi whenever possible then. Thanks.

No, I have not really looked much into that section, just skimmed it. Ill go do that right now.

12. AyeAyeCapn

AyeAyeCapn Member

Make sure you turn down the screen brightness. Don't use memory hogging apps or apps that always have to be running in the background. I don't use 3g all the time so I turn it off whenever I'm done browsing or surfing the net. If you do want to surf the net, use wifi whenever you can and turn off the 3g when you're using the wifi. take the phone off of vibrate unless you have it on silent. I never got the point of people having a ringer on as well as vibrate. If the ringer isn't loud enough for you to hear it then it shouldn't be on anyways. I've gotten a good 38 hours off of one charge before. I also recommend you buy the external battery charger. When you charge the battery in the phone, sometimes it doesn't charge all the way, or it will stop at 80% power and register it as fully charged.

blksith0 likes this.