New to Sprint and...

Last Updated:

1. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the EVO on order and I need a phone now. They guy said I can use the 30 days thing and he will make sure to get me into a EVO by the end of it. My question is what is a good phone (android based) to keep me happy till my EVO gets here. I dont know if I have the right forum, but I figured those of you with a EVO could suggest something good. I am coming from Verizon and the Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I was in similar situation last month. A Helios customer being kicked to curb, service cut off May 25. I just got the Hero for two weeks. Was very useful, I was ready for Evo dayvit came out, all my paid apps followed me.

Just make sure you getvthrm to waive $35 restocking fee.

3. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. I would have forgotten about the restocking fee.

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

To be honest, Evo so much better, I really didn't care. Still, your situation, they should waive it.

But Hero was my first Android. So having a few weeks with it before Evo just let me hit ground running.

5. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

I had a crappy slider phone on Sprint when I pre-ordered my EVO.

I went back to Best Buy 2 weeks before Evo's release, and flat out told them "I pre-ordered the Evo. I currently have this junk phone. Can I get the Hero now at $99 (no rebate, just 2 year agreement), and when Evo is released, bring it back and trade in for the Evo."

They sort of looked around at each other, probably surprised I was so frank about it.. and they all said, "Yes."

So, I got the Hero, which had, what, 1.6 on it.. that day 2.1 was released for it.. so, downloaded it, installed and began to play.

So I had 2 weeks of Hero with 2.1 before getting the Evo.. so when I got the Evo, pffft.. smoking through it.

I didn't pay any restocking fee or anything, because it was all within 30 days.

So, paid $99 for Hero, no rebate, no discount, that was the price with 2 year agreement. I think it was like $29 with a rebate or something. Came back 2 weeks later, they took it back, applied the $99 towards the Evo, and whalla.

On a side note, I did get them at the time to honor the Radio Shack $20 credit for pre-order.. heh, so I walked out with 3 Evo's, 3 free blue tooths, 3 free cases, & 3 InvisibleShields (which I paid for, but they installed for free). lol think that was it. :)

Anyway, go for it! Grab a Hero for now :)