1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

New to Tasker, having trouble with SIMPLE profile

Last Updated:

1. StratD34

StratD34 New Member This Topic's Starter

All I want to do is create a simple "vibrate" profile that turns phone calls and text messages to vibrate. I have the call part but the messages just come in silently with no vibrate. I have the following in the task:

1) Vibrate on Notify: On
    2) Vibrate on Ringer: On
    3) Silent Mode: Vibrate

What am I doing wrong? Apologies as I know tasker is much more powerful than this, just trying to start off simple

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! Glad you signed up! :D

i'll move this to the apps section for you.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Tasker has a trigger and an event. For example, you plug in your headphones and the music player starts up. The trigger is plugging in the headphones and the event is the music player starting up.

What are you trying to accomplish?

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider is that Vibrate on Notify only allows or disallows apps producing notifications to vibrate. Whether or not a particular app vibrates is determined by the settings within the app. If an app is not set to vibrate in its own settings, changing the setting in Tasker will have no effect.

5. StratD34

StratD34 New Member This Topic's Starter

So basically there is no way to setup an old fashioned profile? In other words, I press a button and ALL forms of communication (texts, notifications, emails, calls, etc) are vibrate?

6. FuryriderX

FuryriderX New Member

you don't need something as complex as tasker for that functionality.

download the SilentMode OnOff widget, by CurveFish - it rotates between noisy, vibrate, and silent, with a 1x1 widget. I love it.

7. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

In Android, incoming phone calls have their own settings for ringtone, vibration and volume. Apps that perform notifications (including SMS and email) have individual settings for ringtone and vibration, but only one global setting for volume. In addition to this, there is an Alarm volume which may be affected by Silent Mode.

If you want to turn on vibration for incoming calls, sms, mms and email all at once, you can do this in Takser by enabling vibration in all of the appropriate apps, and then using the Vibrate on Ringer and Vibrate on Notify actions in Tasker to enable or disable vibrations globally. These actions can be tied to a widget in Tasker, so you can turn vibration on or off with a single button press.

But I agree with FuryriderX in that Tasker would be overkill if that's all you used it for. That said, most people that use Tasker for simple things, end up doing much more with it too.