New to the Android Forums!

Last Updated:

1. luckyfox

luckyfox Member This Topic's Starter

Hello there, Lucky Fox here!

I must say, I never thought I'd be here.

I started with the generic flip-phones, transitioned into a crackberry addict. Switched to the palm pre, and finally landed on the Samsung Moment.

Now, after thinking this phone was an OVERsized paperweight, I don't know how I managed to live without it!

Between the quick wifi connection... and I mean FAST! To the android market which doesn't just have one of everything... but AT LEAST five! And the display... Oh my lord, the display... It's a dream.

And I STILL keep downloading movies, ringers, music, pictures, and apps... And it hasn't complained once. Nothing. In fact, the OS is just as snappy as it was when I got it.

Somewhere between the Dual Band 800/1900 MHz processor, and the 1.78" x 3.2" AMOLE, I have absolutely fallen in love...

And to think, I ALMOST bought the iPhone, and now I can't help but think.. What the HECK was I thinking!? Thank GAWD I went with the Android OS.

Now, mind you, I still have some silly little things to work out. I'll give an example in a moment... But really, this is easily the most snappy, responsive, vibrant, friendly phone I have ever owned. My grandmother can pick this thing up, and figure it out in moments! Its wonderful... And the reasons to love it just keep growing...

To be honest, if I had an option to make it smaller...? I wouldn't. It fits SO perfectly in my hands, while playing games, web-surfing, or writing an e-mail that I wouldn't WANT to change the size... The only think I can even THINK of wanting to change would be the ability to play flash animations (inside the browser or not...), or perhaps adding more memory since eventually I'm bound to run out...

Really, this phone was WAY more than I, or anyone else gave it credit for...

Couldn't be happier,
    New Android User,
    -Lucky Fox

Some of the really random things I am yet to figure out example:

1) How can/do I copy the number from a missed call notice, so I can paste it while composing a text message?

(For example; Calls I do not know, get ignored and the number is sent to someone else for a follow-up. How do I copy the text from a missed-call notice, and paste it to send it out for review?)

2) Is there a shortcut for switching between windows in the internet browser? Or do I have to hit [ menu > windows > window of choice ]

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

welcome
    if you are trying to copy that number to text another number with that (ie: send that number to a friend), it's a bit lengthy. Long press on it and select send message from the menu. When it opens up the SMS app you can long press on that number and select "copy all".
    If you are trying to text that number back (ie: a friend calls and you are busy but want to tell them "I'll call you later") then long press on that number until the menu opens.

3. luckyfox

That was in fact what I was trying to achieve, although this was the only way I could think to do it as well... Disappointing that there isn't an easier way. :(

Thanks for the reply though! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. luckyfox

Thank you!

6. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member