• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the Android game, need help please

douce

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Hope someone can help, two questions. O yeah, I own a LG -P935.

1. When I'm entering messages, the dictionary is in Francois, how can I change it back to English? It was in English and I inadvertently, somehow changed it to French.

2. How do I close applications, currently can only close by backing out? Is there access to a task manager that I can't find?

Thanks

While I don't know the P935, you should be able to change the language by going to Settings => Language and input => Language...

Or a factory reset should do it too.

As far as the task manager, if you're on ICS then you don't need one. But you can always go into your settings and manage apps that way...a little cumbersome though.

Upvote 0
go to settings to change the language , you should be able to find a KILL APP .. app that works for me on my htc

be careful with app and task killers, ICS doesnt need them and ive read in more than one place that with current operation systems they actually hurt your phone more than help. the way android uses ram isnt the same as on a computer. if u want to force close something, go to settings/app/ then find the app and try force closing. otherwise the OS closes apps on its own when it needs to.

killing an app clears the cache, which means it takes more time and power to bring that app up next time u use it. if its not being used much, your phone should automatically figure that out and close it when it feels its necessary. have faith in your phone, it is smart after all :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones