• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new to the android scene question.

I have a question...Did it give you 3g speeds? Now if you are asking if you can delete gingerbreak.apk and root explorer.apk then yes you can I would back em up on ur pc though but any APK file can be deleted after installing the app. you can also delete any .zip off the sd card as well (rom.zip, recovery.zip etc...) but again I would back them up on ur pc. I like that you are rooted and was able to get bloatware removed and this is your first post, shows you spent alot of time reading and such, so im glad I could help.

Upvote 0
hello to all
once i root my phone do i take out the gingerbreak and root explorer??? if so how.?? as this is my 1st android phone i already after numerous reading got rid of the bloatware anything else that i need to do to the phone.? i also did the 3020prl thanks

Welcome! The gingerbreak can be un-installed, but don't get rid of the apk. It could come in handy again someday. Don't delete, or even un-install root explorer. It is very handy for navigating your file system.

Upvote 0
thanks yes i spend numerous time reading everybody did their different so it was kind of confusing at first because just as you read then the next post says new and improved way of doing it yes i see the 3g logo from time to time as i move around but haven't had a chance to use it also what is a good bar code scanner to use??also is the a way to improve the signal bar as mine at times is in the 1 to 2 bars and also would that be the cause as to when talking on the phone at times you hear yourself echo??

Upvote 0
I have a question...Did it give you 3g speeds? Now if you are asking if you can delete gingerbreak.apk and root explorer.apk then yes you can I would back em up on ur pc though but any APK file can be deleted after installing the app. you can also delete any .zip off the sd card as well (rom.zip, recovery.zip etc...) but again I would back them up on ur pc. I like that you are rooted and was able to get bloatware removed and this is your first post, shows you spent alot of time reading and such, so im glad I could help.

Welcome! The gingerbreak can be un-installed, but don't get rid of the apk. It could come in handy again someday. Don't delete, or even un-install root explorer. It is very handy for navigating your file system.
As det said the actual .apk you downloaded can be deleted, or better backed up on your computer for a rainy day. And like alfick said dont uninstall it. well the gingerbreak you can uninstall but root explorer you want to keep installed on your phone.
by the way 1iwilly did you come over from hofo.

Upvote 0
As det said the actual .apk you downloaded can be deleted, or better backed up on your computer for a rainy day. And like alfick said dont uninstall it. well the gingerbreak you can uninstall but root explorer you want to keep installed on your phone.
by the way 1iwilly did you come over from hofo.

thanks hofo=howard??if so yes how about a bar code scanner appl what would be recomended.??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones