1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New to the forum. A few questions...

1. bandit95ta

bandit95ta Member

I have a galaxy nexus on Verizon and would like to cancel them and goto a prepaid company. Got around $300 to spend on a phone and was wondering if i should go with a Galaxy s2, Galaxy note, or if i find a cheap Galaxy s3? Having mentioned that one of my primary uses will be streaming from TV portal to my TV. I'll connect the phone with the mhl adapter I currently use. Problem is I would like to get a clearer picture on my TV from the phone. It gets a little distorted. Will any of these phones do a better job than the galaxy nexus or is it just not possible to get clear HD picture to TV from phone? I use bsplayer and have the settings from the dev to maximize it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums bandit.

Your post there is a great example of one that could well serve the community here and be well answered in our "comparison" area. I've moved it here for you. :)

I'll give you my opinion, based on your stated needs and likes: Streaming TV looks amazing on my Note 2. ;) They are now down to $299 new at some outlets, but I'm wondering about the availability and carriers you have in your area.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

What about the Nexus 4?
  4. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

$299? That's on contract right? OP wants to go prepaid, surely you can't get a Note 2 for $299 off contract?
  5. bandit95ta

bandit95ta Member

I've considered nexus 4 also but kinda want something with expandable storage and removeable battery. More over the battery. I work 12 hour shifts and want to be able to have more juice. Unless mophie makes a battery pack for it
  6. bandit95ta

bandit95ta Member

Also I have a galaxy nexus with Verizon right now and just started using xbmc for android. It does OK as long as i don't chose HD video. Would the s2 have good enough internals to keep up with xbmc demands or would i need something with more power? I really like the s2 but I'm considering my choice to be a phone I'll use for the next year or two so I wonder if the s2 will do what I need for two years or should I get something more powerful?
  7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have heard the battery life for the Nexus 4 is pretty good. Why not do a little more research into it. It's a great device for a great price. :)
  8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Shopping around I found another one for $191 + Shipping.

But you're right, the carrier prices are w/contract and generally higher. I should have been more explanatory in my post. Thanks! [​IMG]
  9. bandit95ta

bandit95ta Member

I went ahead and got a T-Mobile galaxy s2 off of eBay. Any advice for this phone? Good battery to get or good rom to try?