• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to the forum! Need some help!

jhood2880

Lurker
Jun 22, 2013
I am new to the forum and i am looking to access the root directory on my phone /data/data and dont want to root my phone.I need to copy the files to my laptop. Can someone give me some options? I also would like to know if i do have to root the phone what will be effected on my phone?
I am using a Motorola Droid Bionic

If you want to access that directory, you're going to need root. If you do root your phone in order to access these files, the every day running of your phone will not change. Rooting is merely the process of obtaining administrative privileges on your device. However due to the things that rooting will enable you to do, many manufacturers and carriers say that it will void your warranty.

If you do plan to do so, make sure you read and get yourself educated with the procedure because making a hasty move can have negative consequences.

As a result, I have moved your thread to the Bionic Root subforum so other users with your device can help you in case you do decide to do it. :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF. I can help you root your phone in order to get access to your data. When you root, if everything goes right (as in with anytime you mess with software there is a risk of screwing up) you will not loose your data.

What os are you on? Is it GB, ICS or jb? What type of software on your computer are you using? Windows, Mac, Linux? This will let me know where to start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones