New to the forumGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jeff_af_80

jeff_af_80 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been lurking around all the Eris forums i could find since i purchased mine back when. I never had a question or an answer so i never bothered to register, But after reading all the root drama for leak users and kicking myself repeatedly for leaking my phone the day i got it, i was excited to see Teregs root method. Tried tried tried as alot of you did and failed miserably at the timing step. I gave up thinking to myself this is the most ridiculous process i can imagine to gain root. I deserve this for being impatient and not fully researching what root actually was.
    However with a spare 10 minutes yesterday morning i attempted the new method that was developed for the Evo, using the hack.zip. I easily achieved root and an additional 15 minutes later i am thrilled to say i am running Evil.Eris overclocked at 729Mhz. The phone is behaving marvelously, much better than when leak v3 was installed, And for all of those weary of the old method i implore you to try this newest method as it is well worth it. I will continue to hide in the shadows of this forum and give my two cents now and again, but to all the devs, moderators and brains in here thanks for making my phone worth using.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Jeff. Welcome!

That is one of the best first posts I've seen around here in a long time. Good job and congratulations on rooting!

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1 to Frisco sentiments and welcome, Jeff!

I purchased my Eris a week after they came out and lurked around here until early May before making my first post...coincidentally, about the time I rooted...hmmm...:D

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Heck, I was shy.. it took me weeks to come around to rooting after the first exploit was posted.

I'm sure glad I did now.. having 99% to do with configuration and tweaking capabilities and 1% to do with actually needing root. ;)