New to the Forums

Last Updated:

1. gameday22

gameday22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all :),

I got my new Samsung Moment from Sprint about 3 months ago now and have overall been very pleased with it. I upgraded from the HTC Touch Pro (WinMobile), which was a decent Windows phone, but have wanted something different for an OS for quite sometime now. Only thing I can honestly say I miss from the WinOS is Word and Excel, as I did use those programs quite often.

This evening at 5:13 PM Eastern Time I got a text notification from Sprint stating a new important update was available for my phone and a link to follow. I followed the link but when it got to the update page it was blank??? I had already installed the last update (Baseband Version-- S:M900.8.OS.CL14) about a 2 weeks ago.

Has the update for Android 2.1 started? Is this what my phone was hinting me towards or does anyone have an idea?.

Thanks for any feedback and I'm very happy to be part of such a great community of Android users.

gameday22 :)

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

welcome
    no they did not start the 2.1 just yet... hopefully shortly

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!

4. gameday22

gameday22 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks !! ..glad to be here, can't wait to learn more about my phones capabilities. I went with it because of the physical keyboard and the 800MHz processor, seeing how crystal clear the screen has been is just another bonus. The phone is very responsive now that I have an automatic task killing application on there, before putting that app on there the phone would get really sluggish after a while of use. I'm still trying to find an application that better helps me keep all the programs up to date (automatically would be terrific).

Now that I am on the forums I will start to search for answers to my questions and hopefully find them, this site seems a lot more organized then a couple of the others I have visited and tried to use recently.

One of the things that have been bugging me the most is if you have say the internal text message program and Handcent SMS installed, both products send a notification that you have received a new message....is there anyway to make this stop happening??? I really like the downloaded SMS program a lot better then the basic one but getting a double notification each time is quite annoying lol.... This young grasshopper has much to learn :).

Thanks again guys and I truly appreciate your having a site dedicated to the Android community, keep up the great work !!!

gameday22

Samsung Moment (Sprint)

5. Lexie*420

Lexie*420 Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!!

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

7. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)