New to the Incredible..Support

Last Updated:

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just upgraded my phone from a droid to an incredible, and Im liking the size/speed/makeup of this phone in comparison without even rooting!! Im not sure if my software is up to date though..it says Im running firmware 2.1-update1. Should I update to Froyo and how so?

Also,
    What are some of the other advantages/functions the Incredible has above other android phones, and should I eventually root?

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you do the update.zip method to install froyo. I'm suggesting you do that instead of waiting because it'll probably help you to do a factory reset after you update, and the sooner you do that the less stuff you'll have to reinstall/resetup (but if you backup properly it's really not that big of a deal).

As far as rooting, that really depends on what you want to do with root. Unless you can tell somebody "I'm planning on rooting my phone so I can do [BLANK]." you probably shouldn't root.

FramCire likes this.
  3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your opinion on rooting. I have a buddy who has been pushing me to root and your comment has solidified by choice not to root at this time. "I'm planning on rooting my phone so I can make my friend happy" doesnt seem to be a good answer.