• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the root

napt36

Lurker
May 17, 2010
Finally! i was one of the unfortunate that had to wait to get the 2.1 rooted. But I finally rooted my fone and took of some of the bloatware. Now i need to figure out the "roms" and "overclocking" stuff. any one have a good suggestion for my first rom? hopefully it will be as easy at rooting(literally 30 minutes)and i had no clue what i was doing lol. thanks for the advice in advacne!

Finally! i was one of the unfortunate that had to wait to get the 2.1 rooted. But I finally rooted my fone and took of some of the bloatware. Now i need to figure out the "roms" and "overclocking" stuff. any one have a good suggestion for my first rom? hopefully it will be as easy at rooting(literally 30 minutes)and i had no clue what i was doing lol. thanks for the advice in advacne!

Read the FAQ/Tutorial. It covers your questions about ROM's. There is also a thread that has discussions about different ROM's. It really is a matter of preference, but I personally have always gone back to Fresh ROM's :)

Upvote 0
It really depends on what type of ROM you want. A ROM that looks new, exciting, and different often comes with some bugs. A ROM that doesn't look to drastically different but has a lot of performance based changes runs more smoothly with less bugs. For that reason, I choose to run Fresh 2.1.2. You CANNOT go wrong with this ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones